• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    So, I recently relocated to the Northeast part of the state. Are there any good shooting ranges with decent distance (public or private)?

I know of these so far:
    Bass & Bucks (800+yds)
    Hillside (1000yds)
    Wabash Conservation Club? (400yds)
    Isaac Walton League (??yds)
    Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver (???yds)

Any others? Recommendations? I'd love one close to Ft Wayne with decent range (at least 200yds?) and then I can always go to Hillside or Bass & Bucks for the longer ranges the few times I would shoot that far.

:ingo:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Here are a few:

Southwest Conservation Club
    Rousch Lake
    One down off of Hwy 124 and N650E (St Mary's Blue Creek Conservation Club)
    One out in Monroeville off of Ohio St

I think there is one out NE off of 37 but it has been years since I looked into it.

Regards,

Doug

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    St. Mary's/Bluecreek has 50, 100 and 200 yard rangers plus a trap range. Membership is $25 for first year and $20 per year after that. Lifetime is $200. Check out the website

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Here are a few:

Southwest Conservation Club
    Rousch Lake
    One down off of Hwy 124 and N650E (St Mary's Blue Creek Conservation Club)
    One out in Monroeville off of Ohio St

I think there is one out NE off of 37 but it has been years since I looked into it.

Regards,

Doug

I thought the range in Monroeville was a trap range only. They have a pistol or rifle range as well? Do you happen to have more info?

I think the one you are thinking of NE off Hwy 37 is Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver. That is where I am shooting USPSA and it is just northeast of Harlan off hwy 37. Already on the OP's list.

Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    So, I recently relocated to the Northeast part of the state. Are there any good shooting ranges with decent distance (public or private)?

I know of these so far:
    Bass & Bucks (800+yds)
    Hillside (1000yds)
    Wabash Conservation Club? (400yds)
    Isaac Walton League (??yds)
    Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver (???yds)

Any others? Recommendations? I'd love one close to Ft Wayne with decent range (at least 200yds?) and then I can always go to Hillside or Bass & Bucks for the longer ranges the few times I would shoot that far.

:ingo:

There is also Youngs Long Shot. They go out to 1,000 yards. Never been there myself, but saw videos.

Young's Long Shot Range

Edit to add:

Here are a few links for ya. Might have range distance and pricing...maybe.

Isaac Walton - Fort Wayne Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America - Homebe sure to check the Events page to see upcoming eventsplease check the range pages for holiday hours

Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver - Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver Club Range

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I am a Director at FWRR. Just so you know, it is not open to the public except for match or practice days. Our rifle range goes out to 300 yards with working target pits. High Power practice is Thursday evenings starting at 4 or so. There is a rifle match tomorrow, the 9th. Again, membership is not needed for matches or practice night. And you will have somebody pulling and marking your target. And you will take your turn in the pits.

Any other days, you can only access the range as a guest of a current member.

For 600 yard matches we travel to Ypsilanti, Cincinnati, Camp Perry, Camp Atterbury, Oak Ridge, and a couple in Illinois. I like going to Red Wing MN but can't get anybody to go with me.

For up to 1,000 yard matches it is Camp Perry, Camp Atterbury, Ft Knox, and Camp Grayling.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Roush Lake range between Markle/Huntington. Nice public range at $4/day. I believe closed Mondays (if Monday is holiday they are open i may have read)

Hillside (Roanoke) has indoor handgun and outdoor rifle/handgun. Rifle limited to 200yd for non-members (pay a daily fee and open during business hours). Yearly memebership for outdoor and qualifying for ranges (400/600/1000) required past 200yd. Yearly membership (outdoor) also lets you shoot everyday sun up to sun down (except if temporarily closed in rare cases to maintenance, special training classes, flooding)

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch in Rochester. 3 rifle/handgun ranges, one out to 150-175 yards with steel targets in place. Then up by the gun shop there are steel target ranges for handguns with dropping steel plate targets. It’s always fun to shoot steel targets. Then you get to meet the Yoda of S&W revolvers the Maven: Denny Reichard. Price per shooter per day is $10. What’s not to like!!!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Any others? I'm really looking for 200+ yard rifle range if possible. Or if nothing else, maybe I'll settle for 150 - 200 and visit hillside when I want longer distances.

Thanks for all the info and the links, been very helpful so far :thumbsup: :ingo:

Anyone here a member at Izaak Walton? Their site shows they're building ranges but no information on distances, etc that I could find.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I know another ingo member that goes to the Fort Wayne rifle and revolver club out on 37 past Harlen, I have not been there yet but he says its a great place and he has never pointed me in the wrong direction.

jlane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2019
    Allen County
    Hi I’m in Allen county Fort Wayne city where can I shoot preferably game lands or a conservation lands near Fort Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom