• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Last night on vacation in Charleston we almost had a problem. We were walking back to our car after doing a tour with a small group 15-20 peopple. So no issues during the tour. But afterwards they just gave hap hazard directions on how to get back to the starting point.

Long story short my wife and son and I found ourselves in a bit of a situation on a narrow dimly lit street. When Two guys came up on us, they were wearing hoodies, it was 85 degrees out. And they had their hands in their pockets.

I put myself between them and my wife and son, and took my light out and put 1k lumens in their face and barked do we have a problem!

they took off like a bat out of hell. lesson here please don’t carry an empty chamber. If it would have come to needing to rack a slide it was not going to happen one handed.

this was one of those times when I needed both hands. Nothing happened besides refusing to be a victim, none the less it was a very sobering reminder

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I hope that you had something else in addition to your Indiana LTCH. Last I knew, South Caroline doesn't recognize them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I need to get me a decent flashlight. Those cheapies I carry work fine for all those times you don't need it to come on NOW. It's that time like in the OP that concern me.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I need to get me a decent flashlight. Those cheapies I carry work fine for all those times you don't need it to come on NOW. It's that time like in the OP that concern me.
    Please do! I am one frugal person and I had to pry my wallet open to by a good light, after last night I will never skimp on quality equipment or training EVER.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a decent EDC lite but it is mainly for work. 359 L I believe. Any hotter than that and it is hard to use up close.

What light are you carrying.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    “So there I was walking with my buddy in Charleston. We were chilly because of the breeze and planned on being out late, so threw a hoodie on just in case. We were lost trying to find the local pub and saw a guy with his wife and child, seemed like a friendly guy to ask for directions from. Just as we began to approach him he shined what seemed like a helicopter spotlight in our eyes and began yelling. Scared and being from out of town, we high tailed it out of there before we were robbed or beat to death. I will check my gps next time.”

;)

Glad everything went ok and all is safe. Hope you and your family had a good time.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    As bad as carrying with an empty chamber is, sounds like the real lesson is "carry a good, bright light".

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Did you have your firearm with you when this happened?
    Yes and extra magazine,extra battery for light. Later found out it is not uncommon for thugs to hide in recessed areas and wait. I was really close, but it would have been a last resort. I think for the most part they were looking for an easy mark.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes and extra magazine,extra battery for light. Later found out it is not uncommon for thugs to hide in recessed areas and wait. I was really close, but it would have been a last resort. I think for the most part they were looking for an easy mark.

Wolves and predators always separate the slow and wounded. They look for the weak. Put up a strong front and most will evaporate.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom