• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association spring shoot at the Association's home, the Walter Cline range in Friendship, Indiana. It's a hoot. Shotgun, rifle, pistol, bow, knife, and tomahawk sports. Camping, vendors, (aka the sheepsheds) and two flea markets. It'll be going on all week.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's that time again! Woods walk is nice! Bath facilities are much better, and boy, are there some sweeties in the sheepsheds!

giphy.gif

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    A friend and I are thinking about heading out Tuesday morning. Never been to it before.
    Haven't been in years. But, as I remember, take twice the money you think you'll need, good walking boots, and wear a hat. It really gets hot. It is a people watching extravaganza. One more thing, if you eat the Philly steak w/cheese and peppers don't start for home for an hour or so. You will need the Porta-Pot.

tranders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Clinton County
    I was there last weekend. Walked through the vendors area Saturday(very hot) and shot the Woods Walk on Sunday then headed for home. I had a great time and will head back in September.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Usually cold bottled water is a buck a bottle. For cold water, I don't have a problem with that. But it's pretty easy to throw a case of water and a bag of ice in a cooler on the way down, and have less than five bucks in it.
    The woods walk was great. Still lots of good stuff in the sheep sheds. I picked up a case of magnum caps Monday night. The elderberry and raspberry wines are delicious. Miss Dawn from the chunk gun range has a booth with some beautiful painted turkey feathers. They are really something. Someone had to have a tricorn from the anachronist costume shop next to Tipp Curtis' rifle garage. Someone else bought a buckskin overcoat. Wow, is it nice. Tipp had some honeys, too. SMRs with swamped barrels, Curley maple stocks, set triggers, oh my.
    As to the death, we sort of expect someone to die. Bunch of older guys running around in the heat all day, up and down the hills, it happens. But for the guy to only be 25, that's pretty odd. One's mind goes to obvious places.

tranders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Clinton County
    Terrible news about the death. Only 25 years old also makes me wonder the obvious.

I avoided going into Tipp's rifle shop this time. Too much temptation. Lol

Wish I would have seen the wine.

DNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Northern IN
    So are there lots of vendor's? I heard the vendor's have really dropped off in recent years. I may go in the fall but only for vendor's row. It's a four hour drive and trying to decide if it's worth it.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Have not been to the Friendship shoots in over 10 yrs. As I remember lots of walking. I would make sure to take double the cash that you think you might spend, lots of items that called my name when I was their.

Top Bottom