• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Wow, that explains a lot. No, their ammo is GTG as far as I've seen. Just always slow to ship. But it was obvious the last couple months that 'something' was up as their 5.56/223 production disappeared and they started selling a LOT of third party ammo. I thought maybe they had got a big contract they were filling.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Always seemed expensive to me. Last time i looked into them they wanted $209 for 1k of 9mm. Just cant see paying that for reloads when i can get winchester or federal, and others, anywhere from $159-$189 per 1k rounds. Then i have once fired brass to reload vs at least twice fired brass with the freedom ammo.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have a bunch of their ProMatch stuff. Doesn't shoot any better than any other high quality ammo. I hate to see people lose their business but I don't think I'll miss them much.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I figured they were in trouble. Their 9mm inventory was gone and they stopped the brass buyback program.
    I've bought 40,000 rounds of their ammo and had 2 squibs. Never a FTE or a FTF. Freedom seemed to be the Hi Point of ammo, people just loved to trash talk them. Many thought they only sold remanufactured ammo but they actually sold both new and reman.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'd noticed that they've been sending fewer emails, and one that I got just a couple of days ago said they had Fiocchi ammo now. I've never had any problems with the ammo I've bought from them (mostly reman.).

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'd noticed that they've been sending fewer emails, and one that I got just a couple of days ago said they had Fiocchi ammo now. I've never had any problems with the ammo I've bought from them (mostly reman.).

Same here. I was getting daily e-mails, sometimes 2. It had been almost a week when I received the same one you did. I have quite a bit I bought from them. I have had good luck with it but I can move on I suppose.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Always seemed expensive to me. Last time i looked into them they wanted $209 for 1k of 9mm. Just cant see paying that for reloads when i can get winchester or federal, and others, anywhere from $159-$189 per 1k rounds. Then i have once fired brass to reload vs at least twice fired brass with the freedom ammo.

^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^. Many times online sales of new 9mm beat their prices.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Pretty sure they're gonna stay in business. The website is still up and taking orders.

Freedom Munitions has been my go to for 147gr 9mm since I got my first 9mm silencer. Couldn't find it anywhere else at a better price. It's 99.9% reliable and quiet.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Lots of stories of kabooms using freedom munitions. It can happen to any company but seems to happen a lot more frequently with freedom munitions. For that reason even if it was cheaper I won't buy it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Pretty sure they're gonna stay in business. The website is still up and taking orders.

Freedom Munitions has been my go to for 147gr 9mm since I got my first 9mm silencer. Couldn't find it anywhere else at a better price. It's 99.9% reliable and quiet.

Same here. Until I realized that Bobcat would reload for me for just a bit higher, but Kimball would tailor it EXACTLY how I wanted it*, I never looked back. I'll gladly pay a little more to put cash in the pocket of a local small business owner for the same product.

Yes, others have cheaper 9mm 115s. But once you get into 124s (non NATO WWB) and 147s the options start getting pretty thin.

*Literally the exact same result, except I didnt have to stand in my garage and pull the lever 1,000 times.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For now it’s just bankruptcy protection. I’d expect to see a Chapter 11 filing sooner than later.

I got emails from Freedom and Xtreme Bullets this morning saying they were indeed filing for Chapter 11, but that they were remaining in business. These same emails had sale ads in them.

From Freedom's email (Xtreme's was the same, only with their name in place of Freedom Munitions):

To all of our valued Freedom Munitions customers:

You may have already heard or read about the recent decision to re-organize Freedom Munitions in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.

We would like to take this time to assure our valuable customers of the ongoing commitment to provide affordable ammunition to shooting sport enthusiasts around the country.

Freedom Munitions will continue to manufacture ammunition, ship orders and provide the best service we possibly can.

We are still here and plan on maintaining a steady path of manufacturing cost effective ammunition and moving towards a positive future.

Thank you for your patience and continued patronage,
    Freedom Munitions Team

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Chapter 7 is the liquidation phase ultimately meaning a company's death. Chapter 11 is to restructure the company. Many companies have gone Chapter 11 and bounced back better than they were before. Wonder if they have a buyer in line for the parent company.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I got emails from Freedom and Xtreme Bullets this morning saying they were indeed filing for Chapter 11, but that they were remaining in business. These same emails had sale ads in them.

From Freedom's email (Xtreme's was the same, only with their name in place of Freedom Munitions):

To all of our valued Freedom Munitions customers:

You may have already heard or read about the recent decision to re-organize Freedom Munitions in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.

We would like to take this time to assure our valuable customers of the ongoing commitment to provide affordable ammunition to shooting sport enthusiasts around the country.

Freedom Munitions will continue to manufacture ammunition, ship orders and provide the best service we possibly can.

We are still here and plan on maintaining a steady path of manufacturing cost effective ammunition and moving towards a positive future.

Thank you for your patience and continued patronage,
    Freedom Munitions Team

Pretty much as I expected to see. As Ballstarter98 mentions, Chapter 11 isn’t a death sentence on its own, if all goes well with the court side of things than they have the potential to emerge in better standing. If things don’t go well with the court, it is possible to end up as a Chapter 7.

I’d like to see the past couple years of financial statements, but I didn’t have any luck finding them last night.

I watched a vendor that my employer works with go through this last fall. They filed Chapter 11 in July, by mid-September the court changed it to Chapter 7 and a trustee took over.It was interesting, but I wouldn’t call that the typical process.

Top Bottom