• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Virginia police to donate seized Stg44 to United State Navy's Naval History and Heritage Command in Washington D.C.

This one looks fairly rough. I have had better examples through my office.

Chesapeake Police Seek to Donate Seized Sturmgewehr 44 - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog

5b10a43a3e9f1.image_-660x523.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I hope they can pull it off....My buddy was a Colonel at Fort Knox when a lady brought in an MP 44 her husband had brought back from the war...It wasn't registered and it took quite a bit of pull to get it in the Patton Museum...Had to fill the barrel with lead...He got them (ATF) to agree to not have to cut the receiver by telling them that the weapon could be used for training soldiers I.E. what kind of old weapons they may encounter in less wealthy countries....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The should have rendered it inoperable and returned it to someone more responsible in the criminal's family. I'd hate to lose something like that from my family's history.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is the line that caught my eye:

a police spokesman, explained that normally guns seized as evidence cannot be returned to their owners and are ground up in a metalshredder and recycled.

I sure hope that they are not shredding stolen property if it was used in a crime. Shredding any gun for that reason is bad enough but if one of my guns was stolen and ended up being shredded after it was found at a crime scene, I'd be royally ticked off. Shredding guns is just cruel.

Top Bottom