Makes you not even want to worry about it!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So I do my due diligence check on line for the Corvette museum, it says it's posted, so I leave it at home. We get there no signs nothing! No rules sigh etc. I even called and asked and was told it was not allowed. Really wish there were more honest people answering phones or at least a better source of information. Sometimes I miss Indiana where signs were merely a suggestion, at at worst an invitation to leave.

What does every one else do when trying to get a heads up when traveling?

Thanks

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    Nice thought, but it certainly creates issues. I was surprised to see metal detectors and searches taking place at the entrance to the Mecum Collector car auction in Indy this year.

i was glad I had left my carry on the car, but then worried that our cars were targets of thieves knew what was happening.

Ironically, much of the auction cars were on display right inside the fence along 38th street, and panhandlers were working the area through the fence. Made me very uneasy...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nice thought, but it certainly creates issues. I was surprised to see metal detectors and searches taking place at the entrance to the Mecum Collector car auction in Indy this year.

i was glad I had left my carry on the car, but then worried that our cars were targets of thieves knew what was happening.

Ironically, much of the auction cars were on display right inside the fence along 38th street, and panhandlers were working the area through the fence. Made me very uneasy...

I'd have been worried too! ;):stickpoke:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wooden dowel or brass rod (note you can buy brass rods on Amazon really cheap compared to those sold specifically as clearing rods, just buy a bulk rod and cut it to the length you need) and a dead blow hammer.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’ve carried at the corvette museum both times I’ve been, didn’t ask, didn’t care. Southern Kentucky has a pretty good attitude as far as guns are concerned, and probably, a lot of the staff at the museum “ain’t from around here”, that’s probably who you spoke to on the phone. Hell, I saw a guy OCing at the southern Kentucky performing arts center, just a few miles away, last year at a Dwight Yoakam concert, and nobody gave a crap.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Good point. I've yet to see a sign saying "No mustard gas" or "cannons not allowed"...
    What about cannons that fire mustard gas? I'm getting a strange urge to yell CONDITION RED MOPP 4!!! Considering I'm in the grocery store that may not be a good idea.

Top Bottom