• ...and so much more!
  • EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Hi All,
    Target World (just north of Cincinnati) was robbed over the weekend. The thieves got away with about 50 handguns. Just posting the details here on the off chance someone runs across any of these on Armslist.

7172051475573112317.jpg
    2492622293321894203.jpg
    6783914421581148139.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This being INGO, someone has to address it.

Due to a peculiar point of Ohio law, this is actually robbery, not just theft.

Usually, robbery requires force or threat of force, so if no one is present- no robbery. Under Ohio law, if someone commits theft with pssession and control of a deadly weapon, it's robbery. If they didn't have a deadly weapon going in, they certainly did coming out.

I hope they get caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Usually, robbery requires force or threat of force, so if no one is present- no robbery. Under Ohio law, if someone commits theft with pssession and control of a deadly weapon, it's robbery. If they didn't have a deadly weapon going in, they certainly did coming out.

Wow, that's some space alien law there.

Did you get your JD in Ohio? Nope, Valpo. Ok, so how did you know this?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wow, that's some space alien law there.

Did you get your JD in Ohio? Nope, Valpo. Ok, so how did you know this?

Westlaw.

(A) No person, in attempting or committing a theft offense or in fleeing immediately after the attempt or offense, shall do any of the following:

(1) Have a deadly weapon on or about the offender's person or under the offender's control;
    (2) Inflict, attempt to inflict, or threaten to inflict physical harm on another;
    (3) Use or threaten the immediate use of force against another.

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of robbery. A violation of division (A)(1) or (2) of this section is a felony of the second degree. A violation of division (A)(3) of this section is a felony of the third degree.

(C) As used in this section:

(1) “Deadly weapon” has the same meaning as in section 2923.11 of the Revised Code.
    (2) “Theft offense” has the same meaning as in section 2913.01 of the Revised Code.
    Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2911.02.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Why is it not bug-urglary?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ok, that was without notes. Still an alien way of doing things.

Robbery=Theft plus Assault. So, you are presumed to assault the building because you have a deadly weapon? Strange daze.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    This also ties in with another thread not to long ago about keeping boxes.
    I did notice that whomever wrote the tweet, facebook whatever it is, I have no social media except INGO.
    That they are sure to mention that these guns will not have the box or extra's with them. In the "Should I keep my box" thread, I replied that the first thing I think of when I see something advertised not having the box, I automatically think it may be stolen.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

giphy.gif

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Damn I stop in there from time to time, they just redid the whole showroom/entrance last year. High end hardware but staff is meh. Hopefully they get them all returned!
    I spoke with a gun store owner who had some guns stolen. He didn't want them back. His insurance paid him for the guns so he got whatever they were priced at minus his deductible. Luckily in this case the individual was caught and a few of the guns were recovered. I don't know too many details other than he didn't want the guns back because they were paid for.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Thats crazy. I honestly think that is a stupid law.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    This also ties in with another thread not to long ago about keeping boxes.
    I did notice that whomever wrote the tweet, facebook whatever it is, I have no social media except INGO.
    That they are sure to mention that these guns will not have the box or extra's with them. In the "Should I keep my box" thread, I replied that the first thing I think of when I see something advertised not having the box, I automatically think it may be stolen.

If I ever purchase a stolen gun that includes the box, the cheapie lock, the manual, and the little plastic chamber flags, it will be my pleasure to deal with a person who practices their craft with that kind of attention to detail.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    You're gonna have to ask an Ohio lawmaker that if you can distract him away from pulling a rhino with his first cousins.

Wow. This whole "pulling a Rhino" thing has taken a nasty turn.....

I thought if you put robbery and burglary together it was buggery.

Rhino? No comments about Houghmade and his profession's propensity to buggary? And robbery?

Disappointed....

Top Bottom