Trying to figure out what my Mausers are worth.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Riggs226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2018
    SLLERSBURG
    I’ve been thinking about selling off some of my firearms. I have two Mausers both are K98 models. I haven’t bought or looked at Military surplus stuff in a long time. So I was trying to figure what these are worth. I was hoping to get some input from you all.

Ones been refinished and doesn’t have matching serial numbers.

The other is original finish and all matching serial numbers.

I know its hard to give an exact value with crappy pictures and not seeing it in person. But was hoping someone would offer and idea of what they could go for. Thank you.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    If I interpreted the photos correctly, the matching one is missing the band retaining spring. Correct? That could possibly hurt a little, but I don't think it would have been numbered at that point. Maybe someone will pop up that has the latest reference books and can say for sure. In any case, I think Denny's numbers are spot on.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    The dou44 or Brünn II. Were the K98k rifles made in the former Czech republic after the Nazi's took over. These were from the former Czech rifle factories that made the VZ24 rifles and such. Anyway it looks too be a late 44 rifle that might be a semi- Kriegsmodell type. Kriegsmodell made rifles were the last type of K98k rifles produced for the German military. They were the crudest of all the K98k Mausers. Lots of stamped parts, phosphate finishes, raw wood stocks, crude machining parts, bolt take down disk gone, bayonet lug gone, and much more. These rifles were the best example of the coming end for Nazi Germany.

Anyway your rifles looks nice being the stock is unsanded can tell that by the way the action fits in the stock. More pictures would say more. I would post this rifle too the K98k forum. They also have a trader section there as well if your wanting too sell this rifle too.

The K98k Forum

And let know one think that the Czech produced rifles were not the same quality as the K98k rifles produced by Mauser. For the record Mauser sent inspectors too the Czech factories believing they were producing an inferior rifle.What they found out they were just as good or even better too their Mauser counterparts.

Riggs226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2018
    SLLERSBURG
    Sorry for the super late reply everyone I've been crazy busy. Thank you everyone for the information. I'll need to hunt down a band for the matching mauser.

Top Bottom