• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Shreveport, LA: police officer teaching gun safety to interns cranks off round into desk. Interns go to lunch.

My money is that he: ditched the mag, caught the round, and then threw the loose round back into the breech and fired the unloaded gun into the desk. Nothing says safety like shooting guns inside one's office. Talk about a Desk Pop.

"The female intern said Hines "did something" to the gun but she was unsure what"

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/sto...-while-teaching-gun-safety-interns/725502002/

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Vo3P.gif

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Nothing says "making a weapon safe" better than pulling the trigger!
    I think a better excuse would have been "This is why you DON'T do a desk pop!"

Maybe he took the round out of the chamber before he ejected the magazine. That's the only way that you are going to do both things and still be able to fire the weapon, unless you go ahead and put the round back into the chamber manually.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    The best way to handle a ND or AD is to reholster your firearm and raise both of your hands and walk away - letting people know that you are done and everything is fine. We're cool. We're cool.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    just needed someplace to store the loose round so he wouldn't lose it. The chamber was empty and available soooo......

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    He next lesson was going to be "Now this is what you DON'T want to do!" That lesson was going to kill!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Shreveport, LA: police officer teaching gun safety to interns cranks off round into desk. Interns go to lunch.

My money is that he: ditched the mag, caught the round, and then threw the loose round back into the breech and fired the unloaded gun into the desk. Nothing says safety like shooting guns inside one's office. Talk about a Desk Pop.

"The female intern said Hines "did something" to the gun but she was unsure what"

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/sto...-while-teaching-gun-safety-interns/725502002/

I'm betting he racked the round in the chamber into his hand or onto the floor before he removed the magazine.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That is what I was thinking as well.

Me three. Funny how that works, racking the slide with a loaded magazine ejects the round from the chamber, and loads another round in the chamber. It's like the gun was designed to do this. If only there was a way, a way to make sure the chamber is empty and there is no magazine in the weapon. Perhaps locking the slide to the rear and visually observing the chamber and mag well. As Yogi Berra said, you can see a lot just by observing.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Good grief, isn't this like at least the 3rd maybe 4th instance of a "resource officer" or armed trainer in the past 6 months that's discharged a weapon in a classroom of people/students? It's no freaking wonder why people are against these knuckleheads having weapons in the school "to protect our kids". Sad part is most people think since police officers or resource officers can't handle firearms appropriately then non LEO folks must really be poor handlers of guns.

Top Bottom