Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    I'm not giving someone power of attorney for something like this... but that's me.
    pretty sure you can limit the scope of the POA
    When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KittySlayer View Post
    pretty sure you can limit the scope of the POA
    You are correct, I believe you can, but just not worth having to get into even doing one for something like this (no contractual requirements, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by masterdekoy View Post
    Just preliminary research at this point, have to figure out what they are worth. Once I figure that out, well see if I put them up here. Ill let you know if you are looking to buy something.
    Here's what I would do, and have done in the past when my older brother (estate executor) asked me to sell a few of the rifles from my folks estate. *Sold two of them here on INGO.

Make two copies of a list of the guns, including serial numbers. Come to an agreement on each pieces AVERAGE value (do a little research on each long gun), and then set an ASKING price and a minimum price for each firearm. Make another document (2 copies) in which he gives you, A. Permission to posses and sell the firearms on his behalf. B. authorization to ship the firearms from your location, after payment.

Agree verbally, for you to take possession of the guns for the purpose of selling them, as his agent. Then place your ads (wherever), and in the ads (if shipping).... ask for TWO checks; one for the agreed price of the rifle, and one for the cost of shipping. You can either have both payments sent to you (and forward the PRICE check, to him), or 'selling price' check sent to his address and shipping funds sent to your address. Once payment clears on both checks, ship the firearm.

If taking payment via PayPal.... you'll need to work something out with your BIL, so that you don't eat the shipping costs.

Then, BOTH OF YOU should note the sale date, price, etc on your copy of the overall list.... as well as the shipping info: buyers name, date shipped, via XXX, and FFL firearm was shipped to). -Lee
    Last edited by GREEN607; 06-28-2018 at 22:32.
    Teach a kid something wholesome today..... and teach an adult gun safety this week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GREEN607 View Post
    Here's what I would do, and have done in the past when my older brother (estate executor) asked me to sell a few of the rifles from my folks estate. *Sold two of them here on INGO.

Make two copies of a list of the guns, including serial numbers. Come to an agreement on each pieces AVERAGE value (do a little research on each long gun), and then set an ASKING price and a minimum price for each firearm. Make another document (2 copies) in which he gives you, A. Permission to posses and sell the firearms on his behalf. B. authorization to ship the firearms from your location, after payment.

Agree verbally, for you to take possession of the guns for the purpose of selling them, as his agent. Then place your ads (wherever), and in the ads (if shipping).... ask for TWO checks; one for the agreed price of the rifle, and one for the cost of shipping. You can either have both payments sent to you (and forward the PRICE check, to him), or 'selling price' check sent to his address and shipping funds sent to your address. Once payment clears on both checks, ship the firearm.

If taking payment via PayPal.... you'll need to work something out with your BIL, so that you don't eat the shipping costs.

Then, BOTH OF YOU should note the sale date, price, etc on your copy of the overall list.... as well as the shipping info: buyers name, date shipped, via XXX, and FFL firearm was shipped to). -Lee
    Thanks, great ideas here.

User Info Menu

I bet paypal would be happy to know you're using paypal for firearm sales.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phatgemi View Post
    I personally don't use PP for anything. Feel free to check any and all of my past ads here in the INGO classified. That 'notice' is in every ad of mine.

But it is done, all the time, and pretty much everyone knows it, including the peeps at PP.
    Teach a kid something wholesome today..... and teach an adult gun safety this week.

LP1
    Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phatgemi View Post
    "Friends and family", but PayPal still takes their cut.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2