Mr. Groundhog meets Mr. .243 win - WARNING GRAPHIC!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Life can be a little boring sometimes living on a farm. At least renting a house on a farm in Minnesota.

The owner is fed up with the rabbits and groundhogs. The rabbits kill his grape vines and the groundhogs are burrowing under one of the houses on the property.

I missed the groundhog once with the pellet gun, nice gun, crappy scope. Missed the groundhog once with the owner's Glenfield Model 60 with open sights.

I told the owner my .243 win will hit a quarter all day long at 100 yards. Won't miss, but it is significantly louder. Owner says, just get rid of it. So I did.

This morning one of the little buggers showed himself long enough for me to get my ear plugs in, slide open the kitchen window, and line up on him. My wife was watching. At first she thought I missed. I told her I don't think so, if I missed you would have seen it run away, but all it did was vanish, instantly.

The following pics are not for the queasy...

20180630_134607_zpsqhlp3yx5.jpg

20180630_134613_zpsw5fsjtxh.jpg

20180630_134619_zpstpfcd9mp.jpg

20180630_134626_zpscymnb6e3.jpg

20180630_134634_zps8ejn3dxv.jpg

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Holy crap! I think you got him.

Reminds me of the 22WMR shot I got on a raccoon at 30 yards. bullet entered the top left shoulder and exited in front of the right rear thigh near the belly. Took about 6" of intestines with it. :puke:

I like those shots because you know they arent going anywhere.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ground hog, .243, kitchen window. Nothing like being in the country! Devastating shot man, 100 grain PSP?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Holy crap! I think you got him.

Reminds me of the 22WMR shot I got on a raccoon at 30 yards. bullet entered the top left shoulder and exited in front of the right rear thigh near the belly. Took about 6" of intestines with it. :puke:

I like those shots because you know they arent going anywhere.

30 yards is about what I hit this one at.

The owner's wife told me she was sitting in the other house with her mother, windows closed, AC on. She didn't hear the shot, but her mother looked at her and said, "that was a gun shot". All those years of country living has her mother's ears trained. Like I said, I am a hero in their eyes now. ;)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    One of my greatest joys is outing whistle pigs. I have several farms I hunt. I use a .223 and a .270.

By offering to kill yotes and groundhogs I got more permission to hunt deer and turkey on more places than I would have ever believed.
    I use a Winchester .243 on them as well. I killed one a couple years ago right before dark. It wasn't 5 minutes a yote walked into the crosshairs. They both looked a lot like your photos.
    Well done and great choice of caliber. (personal favorite)
    Sounds like you moved into the right place.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    A little overkill with a .243 and 100 grn bullets but... Very nice photography! LOL I hope the liberals don’t get too upset that the pics are not politically correct. Too bad!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Very nice shot. Got a chance to kill a mole in my backyard last year. My dog dug it up and I shot it with a suppressed 22. Year before my other dog got one killed it and brought inside as a toy. My father in law was watching them when it happened and didn't realize it til he picked it up.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Good shooting. Next time headshots only and save the meat. Young groundhog is tasty.

That was a headshot. Notice you can see his teeth and nose, but above that is gone. His skull got removed from the head, pictured on ground where it landed, then bullet exited through bottom of chin. Went back through body, basically eviscerated it.

Top Bottom