• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    So , My son went today to Rex Bellatores (Morresville) store and its empty , Hes had my rifle for over a year to restore, phones listed have no answer, Facebook not answered, where is he hiding ? I want (and will) find him , who can help?

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Good at not being served? I will go to the end of the earth and ill serve him a sh8t sandwich .Im going tomorrow to file a stolen gun with Morresville, I have my claim ticket and correspondence and the rest of my life to hound him to hell and back.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    1) My only surprise is that he managed to stay open as long as he did.

2) Why would "Rex Bellator" be listed as a defendant on the court documents as if it was a person ("Bellator, Rex"), rather than as the official company name ("Rex Bellator Firearms LLC" or similar) or the actual name of the owner? Seems silly.

ETA - searching on the owner's actual name reveals an additional pending case, and several other civil collections cases from years past.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good at not being served? I will go to the end of the earth and ill serve him a sh8t sandwich .Im going tomorrow to file a stolen gun with Morresville, I have my claim ticket and correspondence and the rest of my life to hound him to hell and back.

I feel your pain and agree. Just pointing out that the casefile appears to show that they have not been able to serve him with the court summons.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Being the nature of the business ,firearms , you have a duty to tag guns not yours and have records ,you cant just close the doors and all you have in the store is yours then and irrelevant, ATF looks like would have his ass? More serious than just serving a court
    appearance ?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    So, just for further info, because it seems guys like this seem to fail and pop up somewhere else with a different business name... What was this guys qualifications, if any, to fix build or restore firearms? I've taken stuff to reputable smiths and been burnt, I won't even talk to someone without a personal reference now. As it stands there is only one person in the state I trust to do right by my firearms and he is avon, there is another I may use to see how it goes. I hate that you got burnt, good luck finding this guy. The articles I've found on him (while trying to see if he was what he claimed), he wasn't, I found he kept very nasty business partners and tried to sell a british kit car with an overbuilt v8 for 3million dollars, and drove a limo. His facebook was all factory firearms, even the extremely negative experience I've been having is with a smith that has the ability and physical proof of some monster boomsticks, work on existing firearms with customer expectations not quite his thing. It takes a very special person to restore or customize an existing firearm to a customers specs, and apparently even more of a special person to run a business like a business.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If it’s the guy I’m thinking about, he’s probably on a top secret delta force ranger seal mission.

Or he is choosing to live off the winnings of his competitive shooter kid. (at least I think that was one of the stories I heard... that his kid is so good they make money shooting competitively)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And for anyone playing the home game, if you take ANYTHING in for service:

Get a receipt
    Understand the turnaround time and get a hard date from them. Then make yourself a note and follow up on that date. Dont let it sit for months because you forgot about it. And if it keeps getting pushed out, pick it up and take it elsewhere.
    And if it is a really long turnaround, know what others are saying about how long they would take. If he cant get to your item for 4 months, maybe it needs to go somewhere else?

Once again, good luck to anyone trying to track down their stuff.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'd call the local ATF branch and inquire what you should do. I'd bet that the store will never reopen. Wonder if their FFL is still valid?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd call the local ATF branch and inquire what you should do. I'd bet that the store will never reopen. Wonder if their FFL is still valid?
    +1 For the advice given by TacticallyFat (I love that handle!) also find the landlord, he might have more info especially if he ran a credit check on the deadbeat.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    it was a 1910 Stevens target to restore. He never touched it ,I kept checking, just got BS'd .I seen one he done and it looked new, He is very good but priorities and procrastination terrible.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    it was a 1910 Stevens target to restore. He never touched it ,I kept checking, just got BS'd .I seen one he done and it looked new, He is very good but priorities and procrastination terrible.

As TF said, call the ATF, as he should be having to follow up with them regarding his FFL book, customer firearms that are logged in the book, etc. If something happened and he passed away, etc then I'd think the estate would have to deal with that aspect.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Many years ago I took a mauser to gunsmith off Pendleton pike to be rebarreled. He had it for a long time saying he needed a special action wrench and had to pick one up. One day he called me and said he was closing up shop. I stopped by and picked up my now disassembled K98. I guess I was lucky to at least get everything back. I think I just ended up dumping it as a parts kit on gunbroker.

I had completely forgotten about that until reading this thread.

Top Bottom