Watson Chambers Gun Theft in Columbus...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Happened this morning....all over FB. Perps appear to have just broke through door and grabbed guns and took off in a few seconds.

I can't find video quickly...but happened at 5:30 this morning. Maybe you can all see the FB link or someone else can post the video. I scanned other forum posts but didn't see it anywhere.

Still waiting on word if they filled out their proper forms or not before making off with the hardware.

https://www.facebook.com/WatsonCham...191410958176/2126186257625358/?type=3&theater

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    This is why Elmores collects and stores all their handgun stock. Every night.

Edited to add: I used to work with Tami in our prior lives, and I am saddened by thieves harming legitimate businesspeople.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Sucks, this shop was so chill and would let you get hands on everything. A while back someone walked out with a pistol, now they scan I'd before going to the retail floor. Now this... This will sound selfish, but I hope my suppressor is secured nightly. I asked for a list with serial numbers, will update if they release that info.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    In and out in about 15 seconds. Looks like they got 9-10 handguns displayed unsecured on top of a shelving unit.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In and out in about 15 seconds. Looks like they got 9-10 handguns displayed unsecured on top of a shelving unit.

I have a hard time believing in this day and age that anyone would leave guns out like that overnight. Many people on INGO wouldn't do that at home no matter how hardened their front door was.

Anyhoo, hope they catch them and everyone they sell to.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I have a hard time believing in this day and age that anyone would leave guns out like that overnight. Many people on INGO wouldn't do that at home no matter how hardened their front door was.

Anyhoo, hope they catch them and everyone they sell to.
    I know the owners personally. Let's not blame the victims too much. That said, I'd be lying if I said that the above quoted thought didn't cross my mind when i first heard as well, especially after the pistol being stolen a couple months back. I always figured they locked the stuff up at night in some sort of safe. Big, valuable lesson to be learned here for sure.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I know the owners personally. Let's not blame the victims too much. That said, I'd be lying if I said that the above quoted thought didn't cross my mind when i first heard as well, especially after the pistol being stolen a couple months back. I always figured they locked the stuff up at night in some sort of safe. Big, valuable lesson to be learned here for sure.

Pointing out how crimes happened and therefore learning from them is not "victim blaming" takes none of the responsibility from the perpetrators.

However, some lessons hurt.

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    I was just in there Tuesday evening to pick up a shipped gun and looked at and handled several of those guns while I was waiting on my background check... Shame that this happened.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Calling yourself a "defense institute" and leaving guns out, having them stolen..........is pretty rich

Yeah it's not a good look. They have been overconfident in their security measures, seems like at least quarterly something happens, whether a brick through a window, someone walking out with a pistol and now straight up robbed. They do teach some good classes, especially the ones focused on youth and women gun safety to defensive tactics. Every other gun shop in town locks their stuff down at night. I've been in Phoenix waiting for a background check to clear and the owners packed away every single pistol and rifle in the store, as well as having bars on the windows. It took them nearly an hour, i'm sure they were being leisurely being that I was in there, but still.

I'm not victim blaming, but I will say that this is kind of a broken record in gun shop thefts. Youtube is full of camera footage of thieves smashing and grabbing shops that don't lock down everything. Maybe the problem would be fixed with smarter displays that double as safes that make it faster for a business to secure at closing.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Yeah it's not a good look. They have been overconfident in their security measures, seems like at least quarterly something happens, whether a brick through a window, someone walking out with a pistol and now straight up robbed. They do teach some good classes, especially the ones focused on youth and women gun safety to defensive tactics. Every other gun shop in town locks their stuff down at night. I've been in Phoenix waiting for a background check to clear and the owners packed away every single pistol and rifle in the store, as well as having bars on the windows. It took them nearly an hour, i'm sure they were being leisurely being that I was in there, but still.

I'm not victim blaming, but I will say that this is kind of a broken record in gun shop thefts. Youtube is full of camera footage of thieves smashing and grabbing shops that don't lock down everything. Maybe the problem would be fixed with smarter displays that double as safes that make it faster for a business to secure at closing.
    wasn't there a store in Indy with similar problems a few years back? Seems that there was but I'm drawing a blank as to which store it was.

Top Bottom