An interesting post card, not exactly following the 4 rules...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I came across this on a website about French military pistols; a post card showing revolver exercise on a naval ship.

p0xQ0xL.jpg

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have no problem with it. If there is even any ammo onboard, it is locked away. None of these boobs have access to it. Pointing, fingers on triggers, etc is no more dangerous than pointing a broom. It is actually a good practice to point at an actual human to see what the sight picture looks like. It is not an invalid procedure in becoming familiar with your sidearm. Even now.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Years ago we used cotton balls and primers. Then simunitions came along. I been shot plenty of times with both. And did my share of shooting. Guns get pointed at people all the time....If you are serious about your training. On the PD, we were serious about our training.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have no problem with it. If there is even any ammo onboard, it is locked away. None of these boobs have access to it. Pointing, fingers on triggers, etc is no more dangerous than pointing a broom. It is actually a good practice to point at an actual human to see what the sight picture looks like. It is not an invalid procedure in becoming familiar with your sidearm. Even now.

You go ahead and let someone point one at you... personally, I'm not having it. Stupidity mistakes abound and I'd rather not take my chances. Kind of like the chicken and the pig making breakfast for the farmer... I'm not interested in being all in.

Blue gun, that's one thing... real one, I'm not having it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The post card reads "revolver practice on board a battleship".

They are using the 8mm model 1892.

10163d1217117796-french-model-1892-revolver-000_0663.jpg

Here's a modern picture.

photo-4.jpg

The Navy is no longer practicing pointing guns at eachother.

Other branches of the military still do during live firing drills.

DfZrCzQX4AEOWcm.jpg

That unit lost more men during training than during actual combat by the way.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I remember watching a documentary or reading an article about the Navy Seal's shoot house. I remember learning that two Seals have died while their team was training with live ammo. I am in the club where I don't want loaded guns pointed at me.

To be honest, those videos where Russian Special Forces members use live ammo while training around real people is cool to watch

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Remember . . . the rule is don't point it as something you're not willing to destroy. Maybe those idiots were willing to kill each other, in which case they
    were not technically violating rule #2.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Years ago we used cotton balls and primers. Then simunitions came along. I been shot plenty of times with both. And did my share of shooting. Guns get pointed at people all the time....If you are serious about your training. On the PD, we were serious about our training.

Before my day, they were doing that with wax bullets and primers on my department. Apparently it was extremely painful.

Top Bottom