• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • putsjunior

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Suburma
    I’ve shopped at academy for awhile now when I go home to see family as they don’t have them in Indianapolis. Saw this today. I guess I’m done with academy now.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Note to thieving thugs:

If you want to steal a gun to shoot people, this is the place of choice. Recent actions by upper management help ensure you will be met with little resistance.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    If you want to steal a gun to shoot people, this is the place of choice. Recent actions by upper management help ensure you will be met with little resistance.

For real, though. Might as well stick a "free guns" sign outside. They have now advertised to the entire world that their employees are required, under pain of job loss, not to interfere with any theft of firearms.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I have ordered hoodies and athletic wear online for my sons from Academy but I'm not a fan of Academy because after the Pulse nightclub shooting they pulled a Dicks SG and said they would no longer sell AR-15's even though they still sold ammo for them. Ironically, I heard that when Academy decided to no longer carry AR-15's they put them on clearance and the guy who shot up the Texas Church bought his at Academy's Clearance sale. Not 100% sure if that was true but that's what I remember reading.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Corporate America... in all it's glory. I understand that a public company's responsibility is to its shareholders, but no discretion, zero tolerance policies do not benefit anyone, except the guy who doesn't want to make any real decisions. If the news story is as it happened (obviously we know the media does not always reports things correctly), then this is just ridiculous.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Corporate America... in all it's glory. I understand that a public company's responsibility is to its shareholders, but no discretion, zero tolerance policies do not benefit anyone, except...

...corporate attorneys and those concerned with exposure to liability.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2018/07/13/academy-rehires-dean-crouch-after-national-brouhaha/782368002/

Dean Crouch has been rehired as a manager at the Tallahassee location of Academy Sports + Outdoors after being fired earlier this week.
    Crouch spoke to the head of the Texas-based outdoors store Friday and has been reemployed, but can no longer discuss the matter, according to his attorney.
    “Mr. Crouch is no longer available to discuss this matter,” his attorney Ryan Hobbs said. “I am pleased to report that the head of Academy Sports + Outdoors stores spoke with Mr. Crouch and offered him his job back and Mr. Crouch accepted.”

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    in other words, academy has been bombarded with phone calls, bad press and internet attacks, and has decided to "rehire" mr crouch, to stop the bad press...and fire him at a later date for some totally "unrelated" cause!

Yep, pretty sad that the right thing to do was so difficult to understand by Academy, but it at least is worked out long enough for him to find another job in hopefully is own time frame. I know I wouldn't be planning on staying there very long myself.

Top Bottom