• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was just informed by my uncle that one of my cousins were shot in the head and killed sometime this past Friday here in Lafayette.
    She was in the next door neighbors apartment, but that is about all the details I can find.
    My uncle said there is no report of the underlying cause.
    They are not saying if it was suicide, homicide, or accidental.

This incident does not appear to have been reported at all by local news.
    This happened in an apartment complex on South 9th street, just south of Twyckingham Apartments at about 8am.

She was the youngest of 6 kids and all of her siblings survive.
    I was not close.
    I had actually not seen this girl since she was about 4 years old.

I cannot get over the fact that the local news media has not reported on this.
    It seems the type of story they too often want to over report.

I'll try to update as I receive more information.
    Stay safe out there folks.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    That's horrible, even though you were not close to her, it's still horrible.
    It is strange that the news has not covered the story, maybe they don't know about it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am so sorry to hear this. its amazing how even though you arent close it still hurts.

From chatting with our INGO LEOs, as well as listening to the scanner, There is so much more death and destruction that doesnt get into the news.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Very sorry to hear of your loss. If this wasn't reported in the news at all, it may well have been a suicide.
    The media won't generally report suicides, unless it's a celebrity or other prominent figure.
    I would think that an accidental or intentional incident would have been reported, especially in Lafayette.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Mgderf......So very sorry to hear this. If you have the time and inclination, do what you can to console her siblings. They will need it.

Prayers lifted up for your entire family.......

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Seriously???? You WANT to give gun grabbers more ammo by having another gun death plastered all over the news?? Every persons death is not "newsworthy". Just because you were related makes it important to you, not the whole world. Just like previously mentioned.....what if it was a suicide?? Do you STILL want it plastered all over the news??

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Seriously???? You WANT to give gun grabbers more ammo by having another gun death plastered all over the news?? Every persons death is not "newsworthy". Just because you were related makes it important to you, not the whole world. Just like previously mentioned.....what if it was a suicide?? Do you STILL want it plastered all over the news??

I'm in awe of your compassion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This is just a bit on the harsh. Ease up trigger. This could have been someone you knew.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

Good Lord, man. What is wrong with you?????????

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I was just informed by my uncle that one of my cousins were shot in the head and killed sometime this past Friday here in Lafayette.
    She was in the next door neighbors apartment, but that is about all the details I can find.
    My uncle said there is no report of the underlying cause.
    They are not saying if it was suicide, homicide, or accidental.

This incident does not appear to have been reported at all by local news.
    This happened in an apartment complex on South 9th street, just south of Twyckingham Apartments at about 8am.

She was the youngest of 6 kids and all of her siblings survive.
    I was not close.
    I had actually not seen this girl since she was about 4 years old.

I cannot get over the fact that the local news media has not reported on this.
    It seems the type of story they too often want to over report.

I'll try to update as I receive more information.
    Stay safe out there folks.

Very sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and yours.

Speechless. When someone loses a loved one, that’s hardly the time to focus on political agendas.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I do appreciate the condolences, and the harsh comments go pretty much ignored.
    I ALWAYS consider the source before I let things upset me.
    I don't know the guy, and he doesn't know me, so I can let it slide.
    Not something I would have conveyed, but...

Thanks again Ingo. On the whole, this is a great place.

Top Bottom