• ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I agree with you about the rolling shootout. Probably not the best course of action, but we weren't there. I imagine that the police officer knew they were rolling close to a school and wanted to end it before they could gain access to the school. I applaud him for staying in the fight and not backing off. Good thing that school kept its doors locked though, that could have went real bad real quick.
    Those *********s got what they deserved, a dirt nap for one and jail time for the other.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Having had shot through the windshield from the inside of an auto before, I can say that dude is going to have some serious ringing in his ears.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was ****ing cheering and clapping for this officer. Best damn police shootout video I've watched in a long ass time. He got his mind out of the box and did what needed done to keep himself alive and to prevent them from killing anyone else and to kill these pieces of **** who were shooting at the police while driving high speed through packed city streets with zero regard for anyone else. He kept shooting until he was behind cover. A+++++ Under stress I dont think it gets any better than this. Even went for a proper 2 hand grip on the pistol while ****ing driving at high speed and shooting through his mother ****ing windshield. Laserbeam focus, certified badass.
    BRAVO!!!! Someone give this guy the biggest damn medal they have because HE is a hero

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Holy smokes. I'm sure his ears are still ringing, but at least his window was open.

I'm curious how many hits he had while going over that bumpy road and, if there were misses, where they went. (not judging, just genuinely curious)

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    wow, good for him for staying with it.
    I also wonder about any stray shots (from both him and the suspects/perps)
    For every legitimate complaint against officers, there are dozens of good/neutral interactions that go unreported. And then to tip the scales further, you get this guy (and many others like him) who risk their lives to protect the communities they live in for $40-70k /yr.

Good on him and those like him.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    His gun play was effective but not exactly top notch. Support hand thumb over the top. Changed hands to reload. Almost loaded the magazine backwards. Like I said, not stellar but effective.

He won in spite of himself.
    Yeah, under stress, in a high speed chase. Multitasking more than if he was on solid ground.
    You can see hes had additional training though. The average cop even isnt typically trained to fight like this.
    Yeah we can pick out how to improve and learn from it to better ourselves and should, but outcome was a win and it's because he stepped outside of the standard thinking and he took the gun fight to them within the situation he had.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    wow, good for him for staying with it.
    I also wonder about any stray shots (from both him and the suspects/perps)
    For every legitimate complaint against officers, there are dozens of good/neutral interactions that go unreported. And then to tip the scales further, you get this guy (and many others like him) who risk their lives to protect the communities they live in for $40-70k /yr.

Good on him and those like him.

Probably most of the rounds impacted In their vehicle. Cant be any worse than the NYPD shooting into crowds.
    He was being shot at. He is a police officer and I believe personaly that if a suspect has chosen to shoot at the police or civilians or use their vehicle as a weapon, then you get their ass
    I dont like high speed pursuits for traffic stuff and minor stuff. But this kindof stuff hell yes. Get them and dont give up.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Excellent short, concise, clear radio traffic under stress. I mean really? Clothing, tattoo, and suspect descriptions while being shot along with including accurate updates on direction of travel!

Looking at the stripes on his shirt he is a veteran Officer and it showed. Good job!!

I am ok with his gun handling. He had to transfer the gun to his weak hand to put the car in park. You ever train for a slidelock reload using your support hand while parking a car and being shot at? I haven't!

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I am ok with his gun handling. He had to transfer the gun to his weak hand to put the car in park. You ever train for a slidelock reload using your support hand while parking a car and being shot at? I haven't!

The first step is admitting where there are shortcomings in your training. Very brave of you to do so in an open forum.

Squatz24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Muncie
    His gun play was effective but not exactly top notch. Support hand thumb over the top. Changed hands to reload. Almost loaded the magazine backwards. Like I said, not stellar but effective.

He won in spite of himself.

The adrenaline dump this dude went through would have been insane. The fact that he was able to put rounds on target from a moving vehicle, remember to roll his windows down prior to shooting, and fixing the magazine issue is impressive. It may not have been top notch, but as they say, you don't exactly perform at your best under that much stress.

Top Bottom