• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My brother ordered an AR15 complete upper the other day.
    PSA ran a special for an 18" stainless barrel complete upper in 6.5 Grendel with bcg and ch for $369 and free shipping.

He got a tracking number... we stopped at his house for lunch on delivery day and it was there.
    He opened the package and pulled out a 16" barreled, phosphate coated, 5.56 upper WITHOUT bcg and ch!

Packing list said 6.5 Grendel but the box and barrel say 5.56 Nato.

Now for the funny part.
    When he told me about the deal, I ordered the same upper.
    I hope they get MY order right.
    I have enough 5.56 uppers now...:):

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    They have definitely been running some seriously great deals. They have to be swamped with orders but still need a little better qc in the shipping dept apparently.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    A fellow INGOer ordered a 16" midlength gas nitrided barrel. Opened it up and it was an 18" rifle gas in gloss. Not even close!

I traded him a 300blk barrel and put that 18"er to work. Who knows what's going on over there. Enough for me to stay away and order some place else even if it costs more.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If they can't even get the right **** in the box, who wants to buy an explosive they hold next to their face? Their lack of QC is well known, but the wrong caliber in the box is a bit extreme.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've had excellent success from there and hard to beat the pricing even on some ammo.

Once I had an issue with quality (some mild scratches on the barrel finish) and they gave me the option for credit back or to send it back for a replacement for free.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I just wish they'd get 5.7x28 ammo back in stock at the prices they had a few months ago. They've jacked up the vmax by $7-8 a box.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My wife has a cousin that works for them in South Carolina, and from the sounds of it they are always incredibly busy and looking to hire more people. PSA has it's faults, but their mission to get an AR-15 in the house of every American is a good mission and even though they have hiccups they are accomplishing that mission very well. I've lost count of how many lower assemblies I've put together from them over the years for myself and family/friends. One time I bought a 14.5pinned upper and it came in with the front sight slightly out of plum. I sent it back and it was taken care and when it came back it also included a NIB bcg. I called and asked if that had been a mistake and they said to keep it. Another time I had bought one of their dirt cheapest bcg's they had and didn't get through a 20rd mag before the extractor broke. $10 later I had a fully functioning AR-15 for a bargain. PSA doesn't make perfect stuff, and nobody else does either that's why you need to really run your gear hard and see what'll break before you go counting on it for anything serious.

PSA is a good company trying their best to arm Americans to the extent they're willing to pay for it. I really like what they're doing as a company and how it strengthens our nation. I understand the hiccups can be a frustration, but looking at what you get for what you pay, it's well worth the risk. Lately I've been looking at their 6.5 creedmore rifles just because they are so affordable. I'm also really interested in their MP5 clone whenever that hits the market or if it does next year. PSA will make that upper swap for the buyer.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Brother got a shipping label to return the erroneous 5.56Nato upper along with a promise to ship the 6.5 Grendel upper upon receipt of the 5.56.

As for me, I've got my fingers crossed.
    I placed my order on Thursday afternoon and I got a shipping notice today.
    I'll let you know what shows up.

They could make a mistake and send me a 6.5 Creedmoor upper instead.
    I may not complain about that!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If they can't even get the right **** in the box, who wants to buy an explosive they hold next to their face? Their lack of QC is well known, but the wrong caliber in the box is a bit extreme.
    Ive seen several brand new PSA AR lowers and uppers with severe manufacturing QC issues. Weve talked about it on here before. Most people will never have an issue most likely because they dont really buy a lot of guns or parts like some members do. But for the number of them that have been screwed up for me to have seen personaly and for me to know people who have also seen them screwed up personaly, that's really a big percentage for just random numbers of PSA builds.
    They do have some barrels that are made by FN and even Wilson, but if you dont know what to look for or you are buying just because it's cheap, you probably arent getting those parts.
    Also what is attached to them? Where was the rest of it made? You never know with PSA.
    Also they are not friendly If you have a problem or havent been in the past. If you still want to take a risk go for it. I'm not saying never buy anything psa, Just do your homework and carefully inspect your parts and dont assume they are built right.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My wife has a cousin that works for them in South Carolina, and from the sounds of it they are always incredibly busy and looking to hire more people. PSA has it's faults, but their mission to get an AR-15 in the house of every American is a good mission and even though they have hiccups they are accomplishing that mission very well. I've lost count of how many lower assemblies I've put together from them over the years for myself and family/friends. One time I bought a 14.5pinned upper and it came in with the front sight slightly out of plum. I sent it back and it was taken care and when it came back it also included a NIB bcg. I called and asked if that had been a mistake and they said to keep it. Another time I had bought one of their dirt cheapest bcg's they had and didn't get through a 20rd mag before the extractor broke. $10 later I had a fully functioning AR-15 for a bargain. PSA doesn't make perfect stuff, and nobody else does either that's why you need to really run your gear hard and see what'll break before you go counting on it for anything serious.

PSA is a good company trying their best to arm Americans to the extent they're willing to pay for it. I really like what they're doing as a company and how it strengthens our nation. I understand the hiccups can be a frustration, but looking at what you get for what you pay, it's well worth the risk. Lately I've been looking at their 6.5 creedmore rifles just because they are so affordable. I'm also really interested in their MP5 clone whenever that hits the market or if it does next year. PSA will make that upper swap for the buyer.
    I think it's great that more people buy AR's and shoot them. Make them as mainstream as a shotgun and we can be sure that courts protect our right to own them.
    However I disagree that "no one makes perfect AR's"
    some companies do, but you arent going to get one for $300 or even under $1000. You get what you pay for and that is a fact that holds true with everything in life. Cut corners or be cheap when it's time to buy and most of the time you will be unhappy.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    To be honest, i order ammunition from them ALL the time. It ships fast, is packaged nice, and correct. I cant find ammo even near the prices they have, let alone shipped. Never ordered firearms though.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Brother got a shipping label to return the erroneous 5.56Nato upper along with a promise to ship the 6.5 Grendel upper upon receipt of the 5.56.

As for me, I've got my fingers crossed.
    I placed my order on Thursday afternoon and I got a shipping notice today.
    I'll let you know what shows up.

They could make a mistake and send me a 6.5 Creedmoor upper instead.
    I may not complain about that!

When he does get that Grendel upper please let us know how it performs. I am very interested on the 6.5 Grendel and that upper is an affordable way to get my feet wet.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    When he does get that Grendel upper please let us know how it performs. I am very interested on the 6.5 Grendel and that upper is an affordable way to get my feet wet.

I'll be more than happy to review mine when it gets here but I need to find some ammo.
    Tracking has mine just two days out.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'll be more than happy to review mine when it gets here but I need to find some ammo.
    Tracking has mine just two days out.

Dont know if you have a Cabelas nearby, but the one in Hammond always has the Hornady black in stock and right now its 20% off. Makes it $17.59 a box which isnt to shabby. My 6.5 grendel loves the stuff and is submoa at 100 yards with it. Haven't tested it further at this point. Every now and then Cabelas will have wolf steel cased in stock too for $9.99

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A fellow INGOer ordered a 16" midlength gas nitrided barrel. Opened it up and it was an 18" rifle gas in gloss. Not even close!

I traded him a 300blk barrel and put that 18"er to work. Who knows what's going on over there. Enough for me to stay away and order some place else even if it costs more.

I stopped even looking at that site years ago. They suck.
    If your budget is such that it requires using them then have at it. But expect the worst and hope for the best.

Bracing myself for the onslaught of "I love my PSA rifles/parts/pieces/etc"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Uh.....no knock but their mission is to sell rifles and make a profit.
    I have been in the store and it is pretty cool place.
    I have used them in the past and it was a cluster.
    They pull you money right away and then wait 6 weeks (if you were lucky) for you parts/pieces and then get ready to return some or all of the order.
    CS over the phone was a complete joke.
    Just my personal experience and also the experience of friends.

If you have had good luck then carry on.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom