• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    well its that time of the year again!

this Friday august 3rd is the southern Indiana friends of the nra banquet! doors open at 5 with dinner being served at 6:30! that night we'll be giving away, auctioning, or raffling of over 50 guns!, just by buying your 100 dollar entry ticket you'll be entered in chances to win 13 guns, a safe, a 50 inch tv, and 300 dollars cash, ammo, knives, jewelry, even a garage door opener and more! plus you get a nice steak dinner, we have 2 kegs of free beer (after the second is empty, they're not free anymore) a cash bar, and free non alcoholic beverages!

there's games to play, raffles, auctions (both live and silent!)

heres some examples

View attachment 68953

this is a ruger sr1911 45 acp, with nra markings, I think this one will be the committee raffle gun, we'll sell 150 chances at 10.00 each!

check out the Kimber nra gun of the year!
    View attachment 68954
    this one were selling 25 chances at 100 dollars each, and the winner will get the gun, the knife and a display case!

and here's a pretty cool one were auctioning off
    View attachment 68955
    its a john wayne movie poster, with a few pieces of john wayne memorabilia along with a bullet and cartridge fired from one of the dukes guns, and a certificate of authenticity from the nra!, we've got another poster frame being built that has a rifle built into the frame (and the rifle is removable so you can take it out and go shooting with it!)

all this and more! you'll be spending time with like minded firearm enthusiasts AND you're helping create future generations of shooters! in a time where gun owners are under attack, we're trying to keep "our" sport growing!, just an fyi! not 1 cent of this money go's to the nra! every penny is given to non profit shooting organizations! 1/2 will go to the national fnra and support eddie eagle, olympic shooting teams, refuse to be a victim and other programs like those!

the other 50% stays here in Indiana! and is given to groups like the boy scouts, 4h shooting programs, collage shooting programs, high school archery programs and so on!. in fact, one local high school just started a trap team and to get them started they received a 5000.00 dollar grant to get the program going!. there are 2 nra youth day events in the Evansville area that are free to the kids, they learn shooting skills, safety and get to shoot rifles, shotguns, handguns, and its all free thanks to grants from the fnra!

tickets are available at rajo's guns, impoc guns, or lawman tactical, and we'll have them at the door Friday night!

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Banquet is at the Vanderburgh Co. 4-H grounds, Boonville-New Harmony Road just west of Hwy 41 (SW corner).

I have an extra ticket if someone wants it. Free if I keep the $100 raffle pack. $75 and you get the raffle pack.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I hope the NRA doesnt give another damn dime to the boy scouts or the inclussive scouts or the anysex scouts (whatever they are called now) ever again!!!
    Do they do these closer to indy?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I hope the NRA doesnt give another damn dime to the boy scouts or the inclussive scouts or the anysex scouts (whatever they are called now) ever again!!!
    You should come down and go to the big one with us! It’s usually the first Saturday in April, at Hubers orchard and winery, not too far from I-65, almost a straight shot from Indy. I can get you a ticket, great food, crazy amount of guns, and our table always has a blast!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just about every area has a FNRA banquet. Don’t know where Indy holds theirs, but Hendricks county does them in a couple of locales, I’ll check on the next and get you a ticket if you want, or we could go together and buy a table for our families.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    You know what might help a bit here? Give a location. A google map link. Smoke signals that X marks the secret spot.

you know, I always forget the little things like that!

o they do these closer to indy?

I was a boy scout too, while I don't agree with this (girls), or allowing gay scoutmasters, I still feel that teaching safe, responsible gun handling and marksmanship should be taught to everyone, and if a pre/teen age girl get this kind of training, and it'll helps her out in the future I'm for it, even if its from the boyscouts!

Just about every area has a FNRA banquet. Don’t know where Indy holds theirs, but Hendricks county does them in a couple of locales, I’ll check on the next and get you a ticket if you want, or we could go together and buy a table for our families.

I wish I could make it to "fall's of the ohio" event! that's the largest fnra event in the country! our chairman went and said their event had 3 barrett 50 cal's that were given/raffled off!, their table guns are henry golden boys! (ours this year are ruger security six's!) they went thru the wall of guns 10 times! (we'll probally get 3 to 3.5 times), their event sell out in 2 days! ours wont get close to selling out!, I hear they "tail gate" before the doors open!

this is from the Indiana friends of the nra's facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/IFNRA/posts/?ref=page_internal

South Indy (merged with Plainfield) is now selling tickets for our August 18th banquet. Buy Early and Save. Now $50 for event/dinner ticket and $50 for shooter pack. fnra@khscpa.com or 317-788-1571. Ask for Adriane.

I'm assuming that the reason they have 50 dollar tickets,(vs our 100 dollars) is that they don't include the automatic raffle entry's like we do.

and the link to the fnra website https://www.friendsofnra.org/

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    well it was a great night. Strong showing from sponsors and reserved tables though individual ticket sales were down. We gave away 50 or so guns including three rounds of the NRA Wall of Guns, Egg Drop, Bullet Board and a variety of single and multi-gun raffles. Snorko even won an AR!

Lots of elected officials and candidates in attendance including Senate candidate Mike Braun. But more importantly hundreds of good gun rights supporting folks from around the tri-state. Indiana leads the NATION in total funds raised and I think we did our part last night to keep that trend going. Thanks to all who attended and I hope to see more of you next year.

Covington is next Saturday. Follow the link below for a list of all remaining Indiana events.

https://www.friendsofnra.org/eventtickets/Events/EventsList/15

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    thanks to all who came and supported this event! we had fun raised money and snorko, tactical master 45 and i worked our butts off! but we do it for a great cause, and i enjoy doing it!

now for the bad news, to the 3 ingo members who bought tickets, thanks for playing, but im sorry to inform you but you didnt win (dont feel bad i didnt win either!)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom