• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Riggs226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2018
    SLLERSBURG
    As title says. Came across these one says old bayonet and other says Russian bayonet. I thought they bother where K98 Bayonets. Both are about 40 bucks. Any input on what they are for sure or what they are worth would be awesome.

Last edited:

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    They both look to me like Yugoslavian M48 bayonets. Like the rifles, they ran everywhere in between mint and completely ragged out. as far as price, I think for the better one is about right, a bit overpriced for the worn one.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The standard Russian bayonet I have seen up to WWII was the "cross" design, not blade. Doesn't mean they aren't, I just haven't seen a blade like that.

Doug

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    As title says. Came across these one says old bayonet and other says Russian bayonet. I thought they bother where K98 Bayonets. Both are about 40 bucks. Any input on what they are for sure or what they are worth would be awesome.

The one marked russian isn't. Its for a yugo or czech rifle either mauser or 1895 straight pull mannlicher. I'd guess the sharp edge of the blade is up which was how all the M95 bayos were. Value is probably in the $15-35 range. Look at classic firearms site or maybe Sarco. They had them not too long ago.

The other one is really hard to tell because of the glare off the glass case. The scabbard and crossguard look like the Swiss type bayonets but without a better pic its
    not very easy to tell. K31 bayonets sell for $50-100 and for the earlier rifles can be worth a bit more. Makers markings would be Elsener Schweiz, Waffenfabrik Neuhausen, or unlikely but possible Maschinenfabrik Bern.

Get some better pics and importantly pics of the markings on the blades.

Frank

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    The one marked russian isn't. Its for a yugo or czech rifle either mauser or 1895 straight pull mannlicher. I'd guess the sharp edge of the blade is up which was how all the M95 bayos were. Value is probably in the $15-35 range. Look at classic firearms site or maybe Sarco. They had them not too long ago.

The other one is really hard to tell because of the glare off the glass case. The scabbard and crossguard look like the Swiss type bayonets but without a better pic its
    not very easy to tell. K31 bayonets sell for $50-100 and for the earlier rifles can be worth a bit more. Makers markings would be Elsener Schweiz, Waffenfabrik Neuhausen, or unlikely but possible Maschinenfabrik Bern.

Get some better pics and importantly pics of the markings on the blades.

Frank

I think the second one is a mauser bayonet as well, probably Turkish.

It is designed for rifles where the bayonet lug is under the front barrel band, rather than directly under the barrel.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I have one very similar to the bayonet in the second photo. It came with a VZ-24 Czech rifle I purchased in the 1990's. Here is a photo, it is the center one.

Bayonet_VZ24.jpg

Top Bottom