• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So is that the 2nd or 3rd time now?
    In before the haters get here in 3....2...1...

....I'll start -
    Are you ****ing serious? Will someone please get these people some security.

OK...I'm done.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As others have said I have been there but not in a few years. Their inventory was always hit & miss and at times almost nothing in stock.

As for how many times they have been burglarized, well it seems that just about every gun shop gets hit a few times. Can't hold that against them. I mean how many times has Bradis been hit?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    With all due respect, these small shops getting robbed have got to get with the program! We all do feel bad for these shops but... repeated break ins? Reinforce your physical plant, install suveilance cameras that are correctly positioned and actually work, reinforce doors and potential points of entry and, lock up the firearms in safes especially if you are a smaller shop and argue we can't afford this and we can't afford that. There have been enough of these robberies that the word is out. Secure it or lose it. Every time this happens the Anti2A press and media seize on it to project their nonsense. The LGSs gotta up their game. Peace. Out.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Several years ago I was visiting family in the Tampa Bay area.
    We found a store with a sign that said "gun shop" so we decided to check it out.

When we walked in the door I thought we were in the wrong place.
    There were display cases, and books with PICTURES of firearms, but the only firearm in sight was the one on the shop owners belt.
    The guy asked if he could help us and I answered, "I don't know, we were looking for the gun shop".

"You found it" he said.
    Seems every single gun in his shop is kept under lock and key 100% of the time, until someone asks to see a particular firearm.
    They tell him what they want to see and he retrieves it out of a safe in the back room.
    Never more than one firearm at a time being shown.

There was no way to tell how large or small his inventory might be.
    Inconvenient, yes, but I'd be willing to bet he hadn't been robbed very often.

You have to at least make an effort.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pretty sure KS&E stepped up their security after getting robbed and pistol whipped a couple of years ago. Back to the dog pile.

I do not see this as a dog pile myself. They are doing something wrong or not doing enough right. Again, more guns on the way north.

Yes, this is not what is needed right now and certainly devastating to the shop.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Thieves got 7 guns, which was probably everything that was in stock. At least this time it happened when nobody was in the store to get hurt. Story doesn't say if the firearms were in a safe, but I'm guessing not. KS&E needs to step up their security.

I drive past it often, but haven't been in there since the last time they got robbed during business hours. Just another thing in that area that isn't worth the risk.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Maybe it's time for them to close up shop, or move their shop off of the East side of Indy.
    I too have not been in there in years due to lack of inventory.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Pretty sure KS&E stepped up their security...

"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives says at least two people forced their way into the building sometime during the overnight hours of August 5 and 6."

Not much of a "step up" if they don't have a surveillance system that can video and time stamp a break in.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I do my transfers through them. I’ve often wondered why he doesn’t just retire and get out of the hood. I was there once last year and literally thought I was going to get caught up in another robbery there. He tells me back in the day he sold sporting rifles and had a large Fort Ben clientele. I thought he had cameras. I hated to hear about this.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I do my transfers through them. I’ve often wondered why he doesn’t just retire and get out of the hood. I was there once last year and literally thought I was going to get caught up in another robbery there. He tells me back in the day he sold sporting rifles and had a large Fort Ben clientele. I thought he had cameras. I hated to hear about this.

I grew up on the east side. It is sad to see what has happened to the Pendleton Pike corridor. Seems like it has gotten worse since Fort Harrison closed as part of BRAC in '95.

Unless I have a really good reason, I avoid the area. I will go way around when headed to the commissary or PX on what is left of Fort Harrison.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder if it's the same people doing the robbing, success breeds confidence. They may have an excellent idea of the layout after repeated burglaries.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I quit going in there because I felt like I was going to come out with lung cancer. The cigarette smoke was worse than just about anywhere I have ever been. I don't know if it has gotten better or not but they won't ever see me again and I pass by there twice a day.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would agree that any guns in a gun shop should be locked in a safe during non business hours. And certainly there are other areas where reasonable security measures should be taken. I do wonder in the case of a shop like this that is located in a strip of shops or a building with adjoining businesses, if they maybe limited to how they harden the target by not being the owner of the building. Obviously details of any lease will vary, but the point is perhaps they aren't allowed to make any permanent modifications to the building/grounds. Now that doesn't stop other measures from being taken.

I used to be a regular customer with them because they had really good prices and their inventory wasn't bad but times have changed the area for sure

Top Bottom