• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    After buying a Sig or Glock are people finding then liking. To me it looks like there are more Sigs and Glock for sale than other brands. Is it just new buyers getting a gun they hear about, then finding they don't like after shooting, therefore sale them. I know I have bought a must have gun and sold it within weeks as it did not work for me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If companies A and B sell thousands of something and companies C and D sell dozens. Which would you expect to see more of on the used market? A & B or C & D?

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I have always liked to shoot one before buying to see if I like it. If you have lots of shooting friends and a gun club, it makes it easier. I have owned a Glock, and never liked the feel of the striker fired guns vs an actual hammer fired. I did not like the angle on the grip of the Glock either, since most of my pistols had a straiter 1911 type angle on the grip and I would always find myself point shooting above the target and have to pull the muzzle down. If it were my only gun, it would probably be OK. They seem to be reliable, but I also believe in a single / double action pistol for safety. I really don't care what others say about Glocks are safe, the term Glockcidental discharge is used many times. A double action pistol is similar to a double action revolver. A piece of clothing gets between my holster and the trigger and I would have to cram it down with 10 lbs of pressure and a long trigger pull before it actually discharged. In to be fair, the Glock is very widely used and a very large part of the market, more market share, more likely someone will discharge without intent. I can hit with either firearm, but I like my Sig Sauer P226 better and sold the Glock quickly. Glocks are much less expensive than a Sig Sauer, so that may also be the reason many like them, they do fire, they rarely jam, and they are less expensive. The Sig also fires reliably, doesn't jam, but is more money. My life may depend on my CCW, so I invest in a good one. The latest Sig is questionable since many have complained it can be dropped and it discharge. I would research that heavy before buying the Sig 320. Older Sigs I would and do stake my life on.... https://www.sigsauer.com/press-releases/sig-sauer-issues-voluntary-upgrade-p320-pistol/

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I’m sure it’s a combination of everything mentioned. Glock and sig make a lot of guns. Glocks are also one of the most hyped out there. I’ve seen more posts about how Glock is the only option for someone serious about self defense than for any other brand (I’m not knocking glocks reliability). But they are pretty basic and haven’t changed in 30 years. that may not be everyone’s cup of tea.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Glocks For Sale - Because Glock fans rave so much you'd think it was made of gold so it must be true... until you buy one and find out how hideous it is to look at and how uncomfortable it feels in your hand and how awkward it is to shoot and how embarrassing it is to have around you at all...... now you have to sell it because you're losing too much weight from continuously throwing up.

Sigs For Sale - You buy a Sig because of those terrible experiences with the Glocks you've owned (see above) you need to buy the best, most reliable and sexiest gun on the planet. You deserve it. So you buy one but then your wife finds the credit card bill and all hell breaks loose because of what you've paid so you have been sleeping on that fold out in the basement with that bar across your back and no sleep for a week...... you need to sell it to save your marriage.
    What a Big ****ing ***** you are.

Don't be a *****! Leave your wife and buy a Sig.

Sdleach08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2018
    Greenwood
    I have never had a Glock feel comfortable in my hands so I have never bought or shot one. Shot a Sig 226 Legion and fell in love with how smooth the trigger is and how accurate I was with it.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Glocks for sale: Only Glock makes Glocks. There are a lot of imitations, but Glock is king. Grip angle is a non issue because no one says that about any other gun, like a Browning high power or a Ruger Mark. They work great and since I'm not one to buy a gun to date it, all is good. Glocks are the most versatile guns on the market, period. From different calibers by exchanging barrels (and sometimes mags) to a full carbine conversion, I like Mech Tech solutions.

Sigs for sale: Again only Sig Makes Sigs. Copies abound, but are a far cry from the originals. This does not include their polymer guns which are problematic. You want a polymer , stick with the proven king.

1911 for sale: I just had to add this one. They're for sale everywhere with dozens of manufactories. Who wants to buy a high price Kimber that works poorly? Yes yours work great, but as I recall CM is not a fan. I have tried to like the 1911 platform, owned a few, but they're not for me.

No hate in this, just my honest opinion, just like yours. You use whatever you like. :)

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Sig's are great guns, Glocks are great there is a learning curve to a DA/SA ESPECIALLY if one starts out with and all they know is a striker fired something. So some is they get it and don't learn the trigger (or belleive what the only striker guys say) Or

Basically it's marketing and following the gun of the nonth. If the press raves about something and they public buys it so much it becomes the forbidden fruit (aka Sig 365 is currently) then some people that only have their latest gun to barter with sell their Glock, Sig whatever

JMHO

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    I’m sure it’s a combination of everything mentioned. Glock and sig make a lot of guns. Glocks are also one of the most hyped out there. I’ve seen more posts about how Glock is the only option for someone serious about self defense than for any other brand (I’m not knocking glocks reliability). But they are pretty basic and haven’t changed in 30 years. that may not be everyone’s cup of tea.

They have changed!

Then changed back!

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Sig's are great guns, Glocks are great there is a learning curve to a DA/SA ESPECIALLY if one starts out with and all they know is a striker fired something. So some is they get it and don't learn the trigger (or belleive what the only striker guys say) Or

Basically it's marketing and following the gun of the nonth. If the press raves about something and they public buys it so much it becomes the forbidden fruit (aka Sig 365 is currently) then some people that only have their latest gun to barter with sell their Glock, Sig whatever

JMHO

I mostly shoot Glocks, but am going to go practice with my 228 tonight.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Glocks are so ubiquitous that sheer numbers in circulation would alone cause them to be more visible in the for sale/trade side of things. S&W falls into that category too. Add to that they are easy to find and replace and not particularly collectible makes them that much easier to justify getting rid of. If you need a quick $400 you can sell your Glock and then buy one essentially just like it in six months or a year if you want it back.

SIG is not nearly as high on the list when it comes to production numbers. I've only owned one SIG which I traded away pretty quickly, but my impression was that they have a lot of SKUs and poor support for all but their most popular models.

Some stats which relate to semi-auto pistols only in 2016:
    Glock manufactured 368,140 handguns in the US and imported another ~1.2 or 1.3 million from Austria
    S&W manufactured 1,429,451 in 2016
    Ruger built 1,010,236
    Sig Sauer USA built 580,588 pistols
    Springfield manufactured 72,013 and imported about half a million XD models
    All the German companies combined (HK, Walther, J. G. Anschütz, etc) imported about half a million and had minimal US manufacturing.
    CZ-USA built 9,787 and imported approximately a hundred thousand
    FN imported about 25,000

Based on this, what is surprising to me is the number of FNs, CZs, and HKs I see for sale.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I don't (and doubt I ever do) own any polymer framed firearm. I collect firearms and intend to pass them on to my son's. As a retired Engineer I have worked with and tested plastics for many years and know of the degradation of ALL plastics as they age. These issues in my mind means they have a limited lifetime before they become useless due to cracking etc. I am not knocking the reliability or usefulness of these firearms - most will probably last 50 years or more but their life is limited, whereas I have steel and wood firearms that are functioning and shooting well after more than 100 years with no end in sight!

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    I don't (and doubt I ever do) own any polymer framed firearm. I collect firearms and intend to pass them on to my son's. As a retired Engineer I have worked with and tested plastics for many years and know of the degradation of ALL plastics as they age. These issues in my mind means they have a limited lifetime before they become useless due to cracking etc. I am not knocking the reliability or usefulness of these firearms - most will probably last 50 years or more but their life is limited, whereas I have steel and wood firearms that are functioning and shooting well after more than 100 years with no end in sight!

How about both?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Forget the Glocks and get a quality 1911 in whatever size fits your style and be confident in the fact that John Moses Browning designed the gun to last a millenia. Peace. Out!

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County

JMHO

This. I sold off all the da/sa sigs I've bought. Tried so hard to like them, can't shoot them. I keep a legion SAO that I shoot better than any 9mm, and I am a big glock guy. I like both, personally just need an SAO version of a sig to be able to shoot it proficiently.

Squatz24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Muncie
    The only time I have sold a Glock was to either fund another glock purchase, or because I got silly and wanted to try different manufacturer. I have always came back to Glock though. But my Sig 1911 is a sweet shooter.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    While everyone has been focusing on Glocks and Sigs, M and Ps have been slowly taking more and more market share IMO. They offer great pistols at a fair price that are just as reliable as a glock.

BOWTIE72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2018
    Laporte
    After buying a Sig or Glock are people finding then liking. To me it looks like there are more Sigs and Glock for sale than other brands. Is it just new buyers getting a gun they hear about, then finding they don't like after shooting, therefore sale them. I know I have bought a must have gun and sold it within weeks as it did not work for me.

From what I have noticed, most of the signs and flocks people are trying to sell are .40 s&w. My guess is that the internet convinced them to buy .40 but they didn't like the recoil of .40 and hence want a 9mm. This is a very common thing with new handgun owners.

Top Bottom