• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Do you ever find yourself taking in firearms just because the adoption fee is so small?

There's a tackle box gun (pitted finish works fine) for sale here that I keep wanting to buy and I don't even have a tackle box.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Yes. Years ago, a co-worker sold me a Davis DM22 derringer he no longer wanted for $35, I had no use for it but it was a gun that worked and was cheap. It turned out to very very fun, and dangerous, to shoot. I use it as an around the house and yard work gun.

Last edited:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Do you ever find yourself taking in firearms just because the adoption fee is so small?

There's a tackle box gun (pitted finish works fine) for sale here that I keep wanting to buy and I don't even have a tackle box.

If you're talking about that H&R wheel gun.......... don't you dare buy that, cause I do have a tackle box. :lol2:

Just kidding, of course. I kinda' like the Llama mini-1911 that same member has for sale.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I've actually gotten some nice weapons that way in the past from people who needed the money or just had lost interest...or I heard you like guns and I have this thing sitting in the closet. Some I weren't interested in at the time but have come to appreciate over the years.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

Yep, I have been collecting firearms for many years. Some I researched and decided I really wanted so bought them, others that were "cheap" for various reasons so I bought them. Recently RK had a sale on the Heritage 22LR revolver for (as I recall) $129, so I had to buy one, then ordered the 22 Mag cylinder. Then I got an Email Ad where they were selling the Hi-point 40 S&W carbine for $199. So I just had to buy a couple - gave one to my youngest son. Couple years ago an acquaintance needed money and I bought 3 guns from him, A Rem 700 BDL in .243 and a couple others! Last fall ran into a Browning 12 Gage A5R shotgun at a gun show, so cheap I had to buy it!

I still pay quite a bit for new guns I really want like my LR .308, Armalite 50BMG, but do like to get some "economical" guns when available. Even if they have problems I enjoy fixing them! I have everything from Garands, M1 carbines, Colt hand guns Anaconda, King Cobra, Double Eagle to Jennings and Cobras. After tuning and minor repair, every one is dependable and shoots well.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I used to not be able to resist any firearm that was A) functional and B) under $250. I have gotten better over the years, resisting the aforementioned Llama, but will still bite on a pound puppy S&W revolver when needed.

I usually foster them for a while then send them off to good homes.

BJME53

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 9, 2018
    Frankfort
    I used to be terrible about that. I had a huge firearm collection that was full of low quality weapons. Now I have a much smaller collection but the quality is far superior!

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I had a guy I used to work with just give me a mint condition stainless baby Browning with pearl handles, it was still in the soft pouch it came in.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have a Sterling .25 Stainless that my Father-in-Law gave me just before he moved to Florida. It sat unused for years by the look of it as it has some pitting. I have fired it and it works despite it's ridiculously high trigger pull.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am BAD about this. I regularly find myself buying up guns (new, used, broken) that are just for sale at a price I deem to be way below market or intrinsic value. Even if I don't need them or even have them on my "want to buy" list.

I would be a charter member of this support group.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I had a guy I used to work with just give me a mint condition stainless baby Browning with pearl handles, it was still in the soft pouch it came in.
    If it is a Bauer, take care of the pouch. They are somewhat rare. The pistol itself has been appreciating in value yearly. Pay no attention to blue book value.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I used to not be able to resist any firearm that was A) functional and B) under $250. I have gotten better over the years, resisting the aforementioned Llama, but will still bite on a pound puppy S&W revolver when needed.

I usually foster them for a while then send them off to good homes.

Snorko and I are very similar other than he being better looking....I have adopted his term "pound puppies" and have a few I am waiting to show him the next time I see him...A 3 inch model 13 magnaported, with a bobbed hammer, and cerakoted at one time (over it's pits) in it's life....$225...

How could I not??? I mean seriously...C'mon...You all would have.....

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I used to be terrible about that. I had a huge firearm collection that was full of low quality weapons. Now I have a much smaller collection but the quality is far superior!

Roger that.

Someone pointed out to me I didn't have a 'Collection', I had an 'Accumulation' of firearms, all different makers, all different calibers, WAY too many to keep track of an properly care for, properly keep secure...

Now it's just a few high quality (if not high end) and some antiques I'm not ready to part with...
    I mean seriously, how many crap shotguns do I really need when I only hunt with ONE Rem 870 and trap/skeet shoot with ONE over/under?

Now new purchases are pending gun safe space, if I buy another, one has to go... I tend to 'Trade Up' that way instead of just 'Accumulate'.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    That’s exactly why I own a Jennings J22. It jams 5-6 times to get through 3 mags, and is for some reason my favorite 22 to shoot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom