• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Just what the title says: What are your non-NFA Grail Guns? Things you want so bad but A) just can't find or B) just can't seem to afford when you do find one?

I have a few.

A new-production Winchester 1873-pattern lever action rifle in .357. I could be talked into the 1892-pattern, too. Man those are some beautiful rifles.

A Remington 1897 12ga trench gun. I have a 1912-made takedown 12ga '97, but I don't know that it'd make a good donor gun or not. It was my grandfather's shotgun - not sure if it belonged to his dad or his step-dad. Not necessarily a sentimental heirloom, but just not sure if it'd be a good donor.

A Dan Wesson CBOB or VBOB in 9mm.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey! I have an 1897 (1930 vintage - which seems downright "modern") that was my grandfather's, although it isn't in trench gun configuration. :) Always thought about making it one of those, as I don't think he was sentimental about it.

For me the list doesn't include anything particularly rare, an M1 carbine (.30 carbine), Garand, and an 03A3 would be on my list for non-NFA. Oh and a 1911 Government. Just a matter of time and $$$.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I have a pretty extensive list of guns I want but haven't gotten yet for whatever reason but my list of true Grail guns would look something like this:

Blaser or Helix straight pull rifle- not rare but pretty spendy for what I would want.
    Ruger Gold Label- somewhat rare and priced accordingly.
    A high end 1911- $$$$
    Winchester Model 71- somewhat rare and priced like they are even more rare.

and the ultimate grail gun of all for me, the Kreighoff Big Five-$$$$$$

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Smith and Wesson Triple Lock in 44 special......

DSC00462.JPG

2Q==

17736843_1.jpg

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    International Harvester M1 Garand...even just a receiver to build from.

Every time I find one it’s $500 over my budget....and they seem to inflate more quickly than my rainy day fund!!!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    International Harvester M1 Garand...even just a receiver to build from.

Every time I find one it’s $500 over my budget....and they seem to inflate more quickly than my rainy day fund!!!

That's when you buckle down for a year and not buy anything. Then you'll have the $!

I could've/should've had the DW 1911 in 9mm by now, actually. But I've got a LARGE mental block at buying 1 item that's so expensive.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    1. REAL imported Glock 19 Gen 1 (not a G17 grip chopped in the US)

2. Archon (Arsenal) Type B - are the EVER going to release this gun in the US???

3. Glock Pistole Type 80

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I need a Norwegian Krag-Jorgensen and a Chiang Kai-shek Mauser to round out my WWII rifle Collection.

Fast forward 80 years, a Walther Q5 Match with a Vortex Venom 6moa red dot will be my next handgun purchase.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    It's a project gun for me , an original WW2 issued 1911 with matching serial numbers. Then the pistol will be sent to Jason Burton at Heirloom Precision to be 100% worked over. New firing control unit from Cylinder & Slide with a trigger break at exactly 2.5 pounds, 25 LPI hand checkered front and back strap as well as adding a beaver tail grip safety , Dan Wesson tactical kedge sights and a low profile magazine well. The frame and slide would be welded to and fitted along with a potential new barrel and bushing.

Then the pistol would have a royal blue finish applied (think Colt Python) and ivory grips added with gold colt medallions.

That's the dream gun right there , it would very similar to these two pistols shown below (owned by Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch photo courtesy of their Instagram page)

kR2JbL9.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There are so many.

Let's keep it to 3 categories:

Handgun: Smith & Wesson Model 45 "Post Office" .22lr

Rifle: Blaser R8, Kilombero, give me a S und B Short Dot on top

Shotgun: Perazzi MX12 SC3, pistol grip, 4 barrel set--12, 20, 28, .410, give me all barrels cut to 26, 28 and .410 cut to 22.

I have more, many, many more.

Top Bottom