• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    TX: Chopper cam video of Trooper/BG shootout

This happened more or less in my neighborhood back in Feb. Notice all the south Texas snow on the ground. It started close to where I work in Guadalupe County and proceeded westbound on I10 to Bexar County.

The helicopter has a really good camera. Trooper wounded right arm, can see tourniquet on it (looks like he might have initiated self-application). Later recovered. Bad guy shot (abdomen I think), died next day.

This link is to the video. I believe the video is on YouTube but I can’t get into my account right now to post it here. Maybe somebody else can do that.

Video: Texas Police Helicopter Video Captures Deadly Shootout On A Highway! (*Warning* Graphic)

Also with story

https://www.ksat.com/news/watch-dramatic-footage-shows-deadly-shootout-with-dps-trooper-suspect

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Glorious video, CASEVAC the troop, let the mope lie. I’m proud of the chopper cops for calling the chase, and Medevac’ing the one who deserves it. Happy the mope got what he paid for.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Makes me wonder how folks can watch something like this and still think LEOs get paid enough.
    I cannot reasonably come up with a number that I would accept, as pay, to potentially have some POS shoot me in the arm............or worse.
    Thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery (for those that can recover).

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Glorious video, CASEVAC the troop, let the mope lie. I’m proud of the chopper cops for calling the chase, and Medevac’ing the one who deserves it. Happy the mope got what he paid for.

The BG got a helicopter ride too, in a regular air ambulance, to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio. He died the next day.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Great video, thanks for posting it.

Kudos to the officer with the AR that showed restraint by putting one round through the bad guy center mass. Likely the safest action considering passing traffic and possible bystanders. If I had just witnessed him shoot a fellow officer, I might have done a mag dump on that goon.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Have seen the bad guys pogo stick like that before.

Ok, I'll be the guy who asks: Why did the cop rush the car?

It was probably something mundane, like not wanting to tie up traffic longer than necessary.

Every time this has happened before to this set of officers, nothing bad happened, so why would something bad happen today? (Rhetorical question, obviously.)

Or just impatience. Without something making the guy a clear threat, then he wasn't a clear threat.

Glad the officer lived, of course. When I saw that the BG was taken to a military hospital, I kinda wondered if there wasn't some kind of experimentation opportunity presented to him. Allow the authorities to report that he'd died, in exchange for his survival he has to participate in painful experiments intended to create an army of secret super soldiers.

Of course, we know that doesn't really work, but it is painful.

Did I mention how painful that kind of thing might be?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

When I saw that the BG was taken to a military hospital,..

BAMC is one of the premier hospitals for trauma and burn treatment, as well as teaching, due to its role in treating military personnel from Iraq/Afghan/Whereveristan. The ER is huge, it has, I dunno, 60 beds? Wouldn't be surprised if it has more. It is a Level 1 trauma treatment center, as is University Hospital in San Antonio where the trooper was taken. It is very common around central/south Texas for any serious trauma patient to be taken to either BAMC or University by helicopter.

OK I googled. BAMC was the only DoD Level 1 trauma center in CONUS in 2015, dunno if it is still the only one. Besides the military it provides trauma treatment to 22 surrounding counties.

From the site of the shootout University Hospital [STRIKE]is closer,[/STRIKE] (whoops, got locations mixes up, BAMC is closer) and that's where the trooper was taken. Since Univ then had an active gunshot trauma case, it would make sense to take the next gunshot trauma on to BAMC.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I guess the bad guy will not commit and further crimes.

:)

I hope the officer heals fast. I hope he and the family get through this with minimal difficulty.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

When I saw that the BG was taken to a military hospital,..

BAMC is one of the premier hospitals for trauma and burn treatment, as well as teaching, due to its role in treating military personnel from Iraq/Afghan/Whereveristan. The ER is huge, it has, I dunno, 60 beds? Wouldn't be surprised if it has more. It is a Level 1 trauma treatment center, as is University Hospital in San Antonio where the trooper was taken. It is very common around central/south Texas for any serious trauma patient to be taken to either BAMC or University by helicopter.

Got it, thanks.

So it IS possible that the BG is being subjected to painful, top-secret, military experiments.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Got it, thanks.

So it IS possible that the BG is being subjected to painful, top-secret, military experiments.

I was always hoping this was the case for Major Hasan, who was also taken to BAMC for treatment. grrrr.

I would make a crack about hospital food, except that BAMC actually has pretty decent food for its patients.

ETA: Hey, I just remembered, I was the subject of a military medical experiment at BAMC while I was on active duty. I don't think it was top secret though, and altho it involved surgery, turns out it was not painful. In fact the experiment was on using anesthesia for battlefield medicine. Worked great.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It was probably something mundane, like not wanting to tie up traffic longer than necessary.

Every time this has happened before to this set of officers, nothing bad happened, so why would something bad happen today? (Rhetorical question, obviously.)

Or just impatience. Without something making the guy a clear threat, then he wasn't a clear threat

Yeah, I mean other than the air support telling everyone that he was reaching for a gun, why would the guy be a clear threat?

I just don't get why everything has to be "right now" with cops. Let's rush the building. Let's rush the car. Let's rush the bank. Whatever.

"He's taking a defensive position!"

Great, I'll stay here and order Chinese food. Oh, maybe I'll use that time to get the long gun rather than hopping around with a pistol?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I mean other than the air support telling everyone that he was reaching for a gun, why would the guy be a clear threat?

I just don't get why everything has to be "right now" with cops. Let's rush the building. Let's rush the car. Let's rush the bank. Whatever.

"He's taking a defensive position!"

Great, I'll stay here and order Chinese food. Oh, maybe I'll use that time to get the long gun rather than hopping around with a pistol?

Or wait for the MRAP? :D

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    ETA: Hey, I just remembered, I was the subject of a military medical experiment at BAMC while I was on active duty. I don't think it was top secret though, and altho it involved surgery, turns out it was not painful. In fact the experiment was on using anesthesia for battlefield medicine. Worked great.

Soooo....you have no idea what they actually did to you...:tinfoil:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Caught part of Iron Man 3 last night.

Now I'm thinking Alamo must be one of the ones that can regulate.

Top Bottom