• BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    From the reported story:

Leonard Cain was going back inside the bank when someone alerted him of the shooting. He said a woman was also walking into the bank and people tried to get her attention but she had headphones on.

"She walked in the door and he shot her," Cain told The Enquirer.

This is why you don’t wear headphones when out and about…. Your situational awareness goes to crap.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    From the reported story:

Leonard Cain was going back inside the bank when someone alerted him of the shooting. He said a woman was also walking into the bank and people tried to get her attention but she had headphones on.

"She walked in the door and he shot her," Cain told The Enquirer.

This is why you don’t wear headphones when out and about…. Your situational awareness goes to crap.

I think about this every time I see one of those Audible commercials.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I stayed with my wife and 2 kids at the Netherlands hotel across the street from Fountain Square the first week of August. We were in that park multiple times. I wore my EDC same as I do back in Indy (because I can thanks to reciprocity). And this is the reason I did.

Rod Farva

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2018
    Ghetto B
    The headphone phenomenon is their "filter". It's their feel good device. The adult version of a blankey. They are very into any device or tool that helps them continue to bury their heads into the sand. Sadly this particular case turned out very tragic. Will anyone learn anything from it? No. Same old story just repeated on another day. Also repeated yet again, the only thing that stopped the bad guy with the gun was the good guys with the guns. These people will never learn anything. In fact they are actively being brainwashed and manipulated specifically NOT to get it at all. Some simple facts tho. There IS real evil in this world, plenty of it. That evil is NOT me, and it's NOT my firearm, so please someone get these people off the gun issue. A knife or machete would have done the same damage if not more. This is NOT a gun issue,it's a people issue, and evil issue and a violence issue. People either want to turn these type of shootings into a gun issue (and shame on you) OR people are just plain too stupid and uneducated to understand that people kill people and guns are just tools. The crying about guns agenda every time there is a tragedy is really getting old and I just kinda wish people could stop with it this time around. It's time to stop now Mac.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The headphone phenomenon is their "filter". It's their feel good device. The adult version of a blankey. They are very into any device or tool that helps them continue to bury their heads into the sand. Sadly this particular case turned out very tragic. Will anyone learn anything from it? No. Same old story just repeated on another day. Also repeated yet again, the only thing that stopped the bad guy with the gun was the good guys with the guns. These people will never learn anything. In fact they are actively being brainwashed and manipulated specifically NOT to get it at all. Some simple facts tho. There IS real evil in this world, plenty of it. That evil is NOT me, and it's NOT my firearm, so please someone get these people off the gun issue. A knife or machete would have done the same damage if not more. This is NOT a gun issue,it's a people issue, and evil issue and a violence issue. People either want to turn these type of shootings into a gun issue (and shame on you) OR people are just plain too stupid and uneducated to understand that people kill people and guns are just tools. The crying about guns agenda every time there is a tragedy is really getting old and I just kinda wish people could stop with it this time around. It's time to stop now Mac.

Good post. But.......Paragraphs man....Please....:):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How is a 9mm handgun, multiple magazines, and 200 rounds of ammo an arsenal?

If Bonnie and Clyde showed up they had an arsenal. This is my EDC plus 153 rounds and I CC.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    "Unless authorized by law."

The bank I have to visit for work has this sign. It is an Ohio based bank with a branch in INdiana so I can ignore the sign. But when I read the sign it says "Unless authorized by law." Well I am required to have a LTCH that authorizes me to carry my handgun. So am I authorized?

gun-prohibition-signs-84146-lg.png

Good post. But...

....Paragraphs man.

...Please....:):

You could have added the paragraphs when you quoted him.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    "Unless authorized by law."

The bank I have to visit for work has this sign. It is an Ohio based bank with a branch in INdiana so I can ignore the sign. But when I read the sign it says "Unless authorized by law." Well I am required to have a LTCH that authorizes me to carry my handgun. So am I authorized?

gun-prohibition-signs-84146-lg.png

You could have added the paragraphs when you quoted him.

I believe that means LEO and other armed agents and personnel... IIRC civilian permit holders are barred from posted areas in Ohio.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Unless authorized by law.

I believe that means LEO and other armed agents and personnel... IIRC civilian permit holders are barred from posted areas in Ohio.

I know that is what their intent is but this is the sign language the state suggested to use. While folks from The Ohio State University may not study the English language I went to a school that did. Now if I were in Ohio, particularly with their duty to inform, I would obey the intent of the sign and not carry into the bank. But since the branch I visit is in Indiana I simply ignore the sign.

The only sign I feel compelled to obey in INdiana is this one:

hillary-target.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    3 1/2 minute response time is amazing!! No offense, but it still goes to show you, when seconds count, the police are just minutes away. On a side note. Taurus pistol misfeed.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    @8:30 in the briefing, that spectacular blown-up picture of a jammed Taurus product. Taurus literally getting someone kilt in tha streets.

In the version of the body cam that I saw, you can hear a magazine hit the floor and the officer looks down. I assume it was an improperly seated magazine, possibly from trying to load on a closed bolt if that's how they are required to carry their patrol rifles. He did the right thing, though. Drop it and stay in the fight with the sidearm. Some people at that department should probably be asking what training or procedural deficits led to this officer dropping a mag at the exact moment his life most depended on proper function of his weapon. Glad it worked out, but that mistake could get you hurt.

Top Bottom