• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Long story short, guy tries to rob pawn shop and takes a female hostage. While he is walking her outside toward a vehicle with a handgun pointed her head, she fights back and is able to get the gun away from him. He has a Keltec Sub-2000 slung and gets shot by the police while trying to unfold it into firing condition. Video from LVMPD helicopter and body cams. [video=youtube_share;LCEHgUVNIDU]http://youtu.be/LCEHgUVNIDU[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Great job by the responding officer on the far left (body cam video 2). The escaping hostage ran right into his line of fire. He could have easily hit her had he not been very focused.

Also credit to the sheriff for his comments about the woman and her willingness to fight. He ever credited her with her familiarity with firearms.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Great job by the responding officer on the far left (body cam video 2). The escaping hostage ran right into his line of fire. He could have easily hit her had he not been very focused.

Also credit to the sheriff for his comments about the woman and her willingness to fight. He ever credited her with her familiarity with firearms.
    Agree on both counts. The officers showed good muzzle discipline with each other as well.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Surprise matters, and it wins a lot of fights. Feigned compliance until she apparently saw an opening, used surprise/speed/violence of action to take the gun from him and escape to let the cavalry deal with him.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

I saw that too!! He is shooting, then like a flash, she runs right in front of him! I thought, oh crap, he almost shot her!! I bet she heard that bullet wiz by in front of her. Very scary, but good job all around, except for the scum bag of course.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think the city planners should get a participation medal for that shoot. The development requirements apparently included adequate hard cover and backstops.

Excellent job by the officers.

I'll try to find something they could've done shortly. ;)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The more junior the officer, the more shots they fired. That is an observation not a critique, but it did raise my curiosity. Is that generally true as in correlative or just a happenstance?

I think the city planners should get a participation medal for that shoot. The development requirements apparently included adequate hard cover and backstops.

Excellent job by the officers.

I'll try to find something they could've done shortly. ;)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    well I think the thief had planned ahead, his glock had the trigger undercut, the offhand support cut, fiber optic sights, Hogue grip, all things to make the glock a better weapon and things the thief could use to his advantage in a firefight!

OH MY BAD...all things the original owner had done to the glock, and were on it when the thief stole the gun!

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Truly great job all around.

Is it just me, or was anybody else disappointed that there wasn't video of the K-9 assisting?

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Truly great job all around.

Is it just me, or was anybody else disappointed that there wasn't video of the K-9 assisting?

Not going to lie, very disappointed in the lack of K-9 video (maybe K-9-cam???). First the chopper video cuts out before the doggie-assist and then all of the body cams did, too. Makes me wonder if there was a dog because he appeared to be complying other than not being able to (?) roll away from the gun with a bullet in him.

I think the presentation, while good, would have been that much better with a dog-tax at the end. (not sure if purple)

Agree with the good backstop to prevent 90% of the shots from going someplace bad.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    That was awesome and the coolest thing about the video. The more I learn about shooting under pressure the more impressive I find that kind of gun handling. He was shooting, spotted the hostage running in front of him, got his gun offline and oriented up, then brought it back down but didn't shoot because it wasn't necessary. Awareness, speed, and control. Wonderfully done.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom