• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    In April of this year I attended a local Friends of the NRA (FNRA) banquet.
    I entered several raffles that evening and walked away with a new S&W M&P 15 .223 AR15.
    Some of you may know I gifted that to my uncle for his first AR of any kind.

Well, I attended another banquet tonight, and I did good once again.
    Tonight I came home with a new Kel-Tec PMR30 .22mag semi-auto pistol with two 30 round mags.
    Very nice indeed, but I didn't stop there.
    I also came home with a gorgeous stainless Colt Cobra sub-nose in .38spl+p!

Yep, I'm keeping these two for myself! :rockwoot:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Another guy at my table won a Kel-Tec KSG.
    You know, the 24+1 12ga pump monster!

My table(s) usually goes home with something.
    Last year I won a Henry Traditions .22wmr with an octagon barrel and my brother won a Kimber Carry II .45acp.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    One of my in laws went into a Kentucky gun store one day and they announced they were about to do the drawing for an expensive Kimber .45 auto. The tickets were only $15 ea and since the drawing was about to start, my in law bought one. He saw the store employee take his ticket and several others recently purchased, and drop them in s box.

Who knows how many tickets were in the box, but at the given time the owners daughter about six years old came out and the store owner told her to reach into the box and select or pull out the winning ticket.
    The kid reached in I was told and took the ticket off the top or the first one she felt. You guessed it, it was my in-laws......

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    One of my in laws went into a Kentucky gun store one day and they announced they were about to do the drawing for an expensive Kimber .45 auto. The tickets were only $15 ea and since the drawing was about to start, my in law bought one. He saw the store employee take his ticket and several others recently purchased, and drop them in s box.

Who knows how many tickets were in the box, but at the given time the owners daughter about six years old came out and the store owner told her to reach into the box and select or pull out the winning ticket.
    The kid reached in I was told and took the ticket off the top or the first one she felt. You guessed it, it was my in-laws......

Many years ago my father was at a local convenience store when the store started a punch board raffle for a Winchester pump shotgun. He was the first person to buy a try for $1 and ended up winning the shotgun on the very first attempt on the punch board. Since he had a shotgun at the time he gave it to me and I've had it ever since. I was 5 at the time and that was first gun I've ever owned and the first gun I ever shot.

When the NRA convention was in Indy I won a gun from the wall of guns and I (or more accurately my hunting partner) have been very lucky to be drawn for a couple very tough to draw public hunts in Texas but that's been about the extent of my luck.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    In April of this year I attended a local Friends of the NRA (FNRA) banquet.
    I entered several raffles that evening and walked away with a new S&W M&P 15 .223 AR15.
    Some of you may know I gifted that to my uncle for his first AR of any kind.

Well, I attended another banquet tonight, and I did good once again.
    Tonight I came home with a new Kel-Tec PMR30 .22mag semi-auto pistol with two 30 round mags.
    Very nice indeed, but I didn't stop there.
    I also came home with a gorgeous stainless Colt Cobra sub-nose in .38spl+p!

Yep, I'm keeping these two for myself! :rockwoot:

congrats! I didn't win any guns this year, but I did win a prize package consisting of a embroidered smith and Wesson m&p at 15 carrying case, a Caldwell mag loader and a membership committee hat. and in the silent raffle I won another membership committee hat and a friend of the nra carhart style coat (got those for 65.00) the cool thing about the coat was in the pocket was a form from the manufacturer, if it was the wrong size, they'd exchange it free!

I did have a chance at a colt cobra revolver, I picked 2 hardboiled eggs in the egg drop game (and I dropped an uncooked egg on the floor!) but sadly I wasn't chosen as the winner, now for the real kick in the pants, we sold 25 tickets at 100 dollar each, it was called the atf raffle, there was a Kimber (fnra gun of the year edition), a bottle of burbon and a box of cigars. I was walking through the crowd I had 6 tickets selling them (I'm on the committee) and after I sold 3, sales slowed, and I almost bought #4, but somebody standing right next to me said "i'll take one" that sparked sales and in no time they were gone, and yep you guessed it! #4 was chosen as the winner!

but congrats on the keltec, don't load over 25 in the mag, lube it good, shoot good ammo, and expect jams till its broken in!, mine shoots like I dream now, after I grease the hell out of it, and shoot over 1000 rounds!

Top Bottom