• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sorry I don’t have the original link. This was on one of the local FB pages.

ETA: Found it.

Woman Walking Dogs Discovers Rifles In Bushes - WBIW.com / Local

Woman Walking Dogs Discovers Rifles In Bushes

Updated September 13, 2018 7:07 AM

(BLOOMINGTON) - A Bloomington woman walking her dog Monday night through an alley off West Fourth Street in Bloomington noticed something strange -- three rifles poking out of some bushes.

Bloomington police say it looked like the weapons had been in the bushes for some time because they were really rusty - so rusty officers couldn't see the full serial numbers on the guns.

The rifles were - a loaded .22 long rifle, an unloaded .30-06, and an unloaded Mauser rifle.

Since the guns couldn't be traced by their serial numbers due to the rust damage, they've been booked into evidence.

Anyone with information about the weapons is asked to call the Bloomington Police Department at (812) 339-4477.

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I hear the Russians used SKS's for tomato stakes, we freedom loving Americans must like variety. Too much Miracle Grow can definitely lead to a rust problem, I would recommend an epsom salt/lime mixture in the future. They didn't say how big the bush was but it would seem to me they planted way too dense for proper growth. Oh, and never mix plant your small and larger calibers, the offspring will never know what they want to be when they grow up.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Something sounds fishy. Maybe rusty guns were recently placed there, but why?

A tree hugger that doesn't know squat about firearms put 'em there. The sign that read,"If God wanted bushes trimmed we would have all been born looking like Edward Scissorhands" blew away, thus decreasing the desired shock and awe effect...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Those freedom seeds sure did grow some nice liberty trees.

T Jefferson wrote, "Anyone willing to sacrifice liberties for freedom deserve neither." Sorry to say I believe we are on the slide with all the concessions expected from John Q Public these days. Q: Is it even politically correct to quote T Jefferson these days?

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I heard that a liberal is like a slinky, they serve no useful purpose but they are fun to watch roll down a flight of stairs...

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Aww! Those poor babies.
    I feel like we should have a moment in silence. :(

A few years back-
    During recess in kindergarten the ball got kicked over the fence, my friend Gary Parr hopped over and ran through the hedge at the first house where the ball went in and he came out with a couple of rifles and said "Hey look". Set them down on the grass and went back in and came out with another couple of rifles. He kept doing this til the recess monitor hopped over and stopped him. I was just clinging to the fence cheering him on. We were all very excited. It was like the best show-n-tell ever. The cops laid them all out and they covered the front lawn. The guns all looked fresh like maybe a residence got burgled but the perps didn't have a car yet....kids on bikes probably or the guys wife.

Sure were a lot of cops around that day, including officer friendly, and we were both right at the center of it all and the cops talked to us separately and we were like special and everything but we didn't get a badge. Hey for us kindergartners that was mega huge. That ball is still in that hedge - I know it.

The only gun I do remember well was a Tommy gun with the drum.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Used to be a common practice for house burglars. Hit a house, stash the stuff, repeat. Come back later and pick it all up. Bloomington burglars probably had a class schedule change and forgot about those guns.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Same thing happened around here recently, only it was rusted Panzerfausts and not rifles.

Two loaded and live German Panzerfausts from WW2 found in the woods next to a trail.

No idea how they got there, they were not there the day before they were found by a hiker.

IMG_4060.JPG

Someone probably found them while metal detecting and thought it was too dangerous to take them home.

I believe each warhead contains 2 pounds of TNT.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Sorry I don’t have the original link. This was on one of the local FB pages.

ETA: Found it.

Woman Walking Dogs Discovers Rifles In Bushes - WBIW.com / Local

Updated September 13, 2018 7:07 AM

(BLOOMINGTON) - A Bloomington woman walking her dog Monday night through an alley off West Fourth Street in Bloomington noticed something strange -- three rifles poking out of some bushes.

Bloomington police say it looked like the weapons had been in the bushes for some time because they were really rusty - so rusty officers couldn't see the full serial numbers on the guns.

The rifles were - a loaded .22 long rifle, an unloaded .30-06, and an unloaded Mauser rifle.

Since the guns couldn't be traced by their serial numbers due to the rust damage, they've been booked into evidence.

Anyone with information about the weapons is asked to call the Bloomington Police Department at (812) 339-4477.

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

i wonder why this wasn't in the Herald Left Times????

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The police are keeping them as evidence? Yeah, like they are going to take the time to restore the serial numbers and investigate. No doubt that they were taken in a burglary and stashed. When the heat was on the perp(s) were too afraid to recover them.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I hear the Russians used SKS's for tomato stakes, we freedom loving Americans must like variety. Too much Miracle Grow can definitely lead to a rust problem, I would recommend an epsom salt/lime mixture in the future. They didn't say how big the bush was but it would seem to me they planted way too dense for proper growth. Oh, and never mix plant your small and larger calibers, the offspring will never know what they want to be when they grow up.

You're going to fit right in.:laugh:

Top Bottom