• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I don’t think this post will be as popular as “STARTING A TREND: Women Posing For Pictures With Guns To Support Open Carry” but what the heck, I think this will be fun. My intent is to post opinions on what you individually like or do not like about different things we run across in the whole gun culture. This is NOT intended to bash some ones personal preferences but rather to explain why it may or may not fit into your personal gun hobby. It can be about products or services throughout the industry. Who knows, maybe some good ideas may make it back to the root source and we can actually see some improvements. This is meant to be fun and informative at the same time without any of us being accused of being anti gun. I know that since I became a shooting sportsman in 1961 with my first bb gun, I have seen a lot of good and silly ideas come down the pike. So I will lead off and I hope a lot of you will chime in.

From my Annoying Products Department:

Small Primer 45ACP Brass. What a joke. This stuff is a PITA to those of us who reload regular 45ACP. When one makes it into our fired brass supply, it creates a stoppage on the press. It interrupts the progressive flow abruptly with a bone crunching halt to it all. This stuff serves no purpose that I can see except that some merchandisers wanted to make another boat payment by creating a need that does not exist. Whatever positive thing that can be said about this nuisance can not over come the hassle of having this crap on our range. I know we should inspect our brass before we dump it in our case feeder but these vexations are very hard to spot until it is too late. The cure is to stop buying them so they will quit making them! IMHO.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I vehemently abhor the isolation and the semi-anonymous nature that the internet puts on interactions.

It artificially enhances testicular fortitude.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    tenor_2.gif

My biggest complaint is toilet paper installed in the underhand fashion. All civilized human beings know it's supposed to feed from the top of the roll.

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Here's one that will get the opinions going -

I dislike that I'm not cool enough to appendix carry. Ever notice appendix carry guys are kind of like vegans or mac users - just a little cooler than the rest of us?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here's one that will get the opinions going -

I dislike that I'm not cool enough to appendix carry. Ever notice appendix carry guys are kind of like vegans or mac users - just a little cooler than the rest of us?

Quick test to determine if you meet Coolness Quotient for appendix carry:

Do you have a righteous beard or *****ing arm tats?

If yes, appendix carry.

If no, carry on in the normal style.

Kirk Freeman: here to help. You are welcome.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

If yes, appendix carry.

But Uncle Kirk, I have a righteous beard and a ****ing arm tat and I still don't think I'm cool enough to appendix carry

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Being an optimist I'll go with dislikes first, in no particular order:

Scarcity of affordable, used lefty rifles in the Classifieds.

Communists.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Guys in gun stores who say there is only one particular gun worth carrying, and that's the gospel, and no further discussion is to be had.

No, there's not. There may be one that works better for you than other guns, and I can appreciate that, but at least try and listen to what the customer may be saying about their needs, etc. There are likely a few options that may work for someone. I don't go into a gun store asking which gun to buy, but some do.

If someone asks me, I'll tell them what works for me, but also have no trouble recommending something else based on the requirements the person may have.

/rant

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

If yes, appendix carry.

But Uncle Kirk, I have a righteous beard and a ****ing arm tat and I still don't think I'm cool enough to appendix carry

This cannot be!

Yes...yes it can. You required "*****ing arm tats" and he admitted to only having "a ****ing arm tat". The lack of multiple arm tats and one * appear to be his disqualifier.

Then again, you stated beard "or" tats, so maybe he should qualify??? :scratch:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Friggin' Leafas!
    Go home, the tress will change color there in a few weeks tooo..........

(The Family Guy folk will understand...)

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I don't like it when people think Jethro Tull is a guy in a band....Jethro Tull IS the name of the band...Oh and ice in bourbon......

My biggest complaint is toilet paper installed in the underhand fashion. All civilized human beings know it's supposed to feed from the top of the roll.

midgets and the lack of jokes about them, are at the top of my list.

I find it annoying, at least in the online version of the gun culture, that gun people have a tough time with reading comprehension. I mean, you start a thread to discuss specifically gun related stuff, and people reply as if your request was for thoughts on matters totally unrelated to guns. :):

Kidding aside, I do get frustrated at the wide range of what people consider safe in all things guns. Not that anyone would let their guard down but can you imagine how less stressful it would be to go to the range and not have to worry about other people as much. I mean there isn't any correlation between the confidence someone puts off and they consider acceptable in how they handle guns. "Been around guns my entire life" is NOT the same as "I've kept up to date on what is acceptable, safe gun handling skills."
    I've watched a fellow NRA cert. rifle/shotgun/pistol instructor that was tearing down the shotgun portion of the range while we were still shooting rifles walk around with the shotguns pointing at everyone! I stopped him and said 'we just talked to everyone about never pointing a gun at anything...' and his reply was that he is putting things away and they are all unloaded and indicated that I was silly for applying that to unloaded guns.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    So appendix carry is racist? I never seen a Asian dude sport a righteous bread, :):

If yes, appendix carry.

Top Bottom