Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

User Info Menu

Retirement is sooo busy.
    Appts. beginning at 5:30 am. or maybe 6 am., another at 8:30 am, then another at 1:30 and that was just on Monday.
    Today it starts at 7:45 am, with two others after.
    Haven't had range time in 3 weeks: too busy, too tired, which is unbelievable!

Got additional cabinets for kitchen, countertops and new sink to put in in about month.
    Going to TN, then AL in a couple of weeks for fun.

Finally sold a gun, but it belonged to a friend.
    Never seen it so slow in my vast 2.4 yrs. experience.

Started taking some a script/med for a heart valve problem that has gotten worse over time.
    After 5 weeks of feeling like crap I told my personal Dr.: no more, but the cardiologist I meet with in Sept. will have a fit and then the real fight will begin.

I actually can't wait for it to slow down a tad, but I'm getting stuff done that you mostly don't have time to do when you are working.

User Info Menu

You need to schedule some range time. Good wishes for good health. We always take it for granted when we have it.

User Info Menu

Glad to see that you are "relaxing" after your retirement!!!

I still have about 5 more years to go, but I am starting to count the days on the calendar. Healthcare is definitely the biggest concern. I can get Medicare when I turn 65, but my wife is 4 years younger than I am, so that means paying full price for her for 4 years.

Life is short, that is for sure. Always take the time to stop and smell the roses, thank God for every day that we have with our loved ones.
    James

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BE Mike View Post
    You need to schedule some range time. Good wishes for good health. We always take it for granted when we have it.
    I know! I need my hobby back like when I was working!
    I get fixated on something, whether it be work, hobby or house or car project and don't let it go till done.
    I have to choose a crown molding to match existing 14-15 yr. old crown today and I'll be done for awhile: take 3-4 weeks to get materials in, so I'll get a break from the kitchen for awhile.
    Yes about the health: I know it's the X factor in dealing with retirement.
    I don't want to be a stat of dying 5 yrs. after retiring, like it used to be decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublehelix View Post
    Glad to see that you are "relaxing" after your retirement!!!

It actually is fun to get the kitchen worked on for the wife, we gave up a good outdoor space when we moved and have none where we're at outside now, so she deserves a kitchen upgrade.

I still have about 5 more years to go, but I am starting to count the days on the calendar. Healthcare is definitely the biggest concern. I can get Medicare when I turn 65, but my wife is 4 years younger than I am, so that means paying full price for her for 4 years.
    Life is short, that is for sure. Always take the time to stop and smell the roses, thank God for every day that we have with our loved ones.
    I have a friend who is an IPD Detective, I get with once per week, and he finally started counting the days, not months: February 2020 is his time.
    No way could I have retired w/o Medicare, or my wife unless I had still be working and had her on my medical at work.
    She is 2 yrs. older, so no problem like what you're going to have.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15