Remember the tidal wave of surplus firearms back around 2003?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Karl Fairburne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2018
    Loveland
    How I wish that I still had the ones I bought. Dang, I probably had four Mosins, two very nice Swiss rifles, a Century Arms AK-47 that was outstanding. And, some German pistols, etc. NOTE- the AK cost a whopping $309. Try getting an AK today at that price. :( I guess the old saying still exists to this day.... Live and Learn. Sadly, those guns and those prices are in the breeze Troops. :xmad:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    How I wish that I still had the ones I bought. Dang, I probably had four Mosins, two very nice Swiss rifles, a Century Arms AK-47 that was outstanding. And, some German pistols, etc. NOTE- the AK cost a whopping $309. Try getting an AK today at that price. :( I guess the old saying still exists to this day.... Live and Learn. Sadly, those guns and those prices are in the breeze Troops. :xmad:

You can't pay too much for a gun. You can only buy it too soon. Even then, eventually you'll see your money well spent.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I still have just about all the surplus guns I purchased in that time period. I did give a couple to my sons. The only two I sold or traded were a CZ50 and a Nagant bring back from Vietnam that was more of a wall hanger than a range gun.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory

AK $309? Back in the late 80's you could get a SK for $69 and an AK for $79 and both came with a free case of ammo... no lie. Should have filled the barn with them.
    Down in Georgia the Western Auto's had barrels of Mosin's u-pick for $25. I got in my time machine and went back, but they didn't even know what a debit card was...

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    AK $309? Back in the late 80's you could get a SK for $69 and an AK for $79 and both came with a free case of ammo... no lie. Should have filled the barn with them.
    Down in Georgia the Western Auto's had barrels of Mosin's u-pick for $25. I got in my time machine and went back, but they didn't even know what a debit card was...

Please don't remind me. I won't be able to sleep at night!

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    If you have a time machine, why are you wasting your time with Mosins and SKSs? Go back to '84 and stock up on HK registered sears or packs. A few bucks for the parts, plus a $200 stamp, but now is worth $30k+ each.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I still have a couple of mine. Used to have enough Mosins that I'd buy them, clean them up and give them to family members for their birthday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Please don't remind me. I remember Norincos and Poly Tech AK variants collecting dust on shelves with fire sale prices. Worse, in 1976 a friend offered me an M16 for $250 but I turned it down because I didn't want to pay almost as much in federal blackmail fees as I did for the rifle. Wish I had a time machine...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Take my word for it, time machines aren't all that great. Show up in '76 with the Monopoly money we have nowadays and they just laugh at you...

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    It's not as great as it sounds. Put that $100 bucks in a good mutual fund in the 1980's and leave it alone. You could buy a lot more with your money that buying a bunch of SKS's! $100 invested from 1988-today @ 10% would be over $1,700.00! Don't let the "golden years" of firearms deals get you down...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    My theory: If you don't have gold, you will need lead to either get you some gold or to get all the other things that gold would buy. If you do have gold, you will need lead to prevent someone from taking it from you. So, whether you do or don't have gold, YOU NEED LEAD. My economy is, therefore, based on lead...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My theory: If you don't have gold, you will need lead to either get you some gold or to get all the other things that gold would buy. If you do have gold, you will need lead to prevent someone from taking it from you. So, whether you do or don't have gold, YOU NEED LEAD. My economy is, therefore, based on lead...

Do you have an investment newsletter, Mongo?

Top Bottom