• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Anyone else watch jhelmsing on youtube? I really enjoy his gun reviews and his perspective on training with one gun. Aside from Hickock, it is hard to take recommendations on a new gun from some of the Youtube guys. Jhelming seems to really shoot and practice with his guns as well as shoot as a part of his army reservist and LEO duties. Something in one of his videos made me think he could be from Indiana. Can't recall what it was now and not going re-watch them all. I see we have a jhelmsing INGO member who posted a couple times back in 2015.

Just curious if anyone else watches his posts.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I know him. He's a good guy. Shoots a ton of rounds. I think he's developing quite the following. Not sure how long Youtube will leave him alone. I know he's on instagram too.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Im a huge fan of hickock45 but will probably check him out too. I love hickock mainly to watch him shoot and to watch his reviews on vintage guns too.

Jhelmsing1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2018
    Seymour
    Hey guys! Thanks for the questions, 87 IROC pointed me here.

I'm from the Seymour area, and really just started doing gun reviews on YouTube because a lot of people knew that I shot a lot of different guns and would ask questions and opinions on them (mostly connections I have with military guys and police officers) so I started recording reviews and posting them and it sort of took off from there.

I'm a very low-frills reviewer and I don't cut or edit. Some of my videos have mistakes, bloopers and misquotes in them but people seem to like the down to earth common guy approach. I also used to be a school teacher so pedantic blathering is a forte of mine.

I have a fairly extensive background in handgun shooting and have done a few USPSA, IDPA, GSSF and Army Marksmanship Unit competitions.

Anyway, I appreciate the attention and hope you guys enjoy the channel. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or constructive criticism.

-Jhelmsing

Last edited:

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Hey, welcome jhelmsing. Appreciate your honest take on the guns you review and your thoughts on concealed carry and practice. Found your videos when i was looking for an opinion on the Sig P320 X-Carry. I was all but sold on it until I went to Beech Grove firearms and saw a G19 FS and my glock 19 addiction kicked in.

Keep the videos coming.

Oh man..just saw your Glock 45 video. Next on my list.

Last edited:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Paul Harrell (Army, too much gun bling to list) and tire iron (USMC Force Recon) are smaller, no bs, channels that I watch and are excellent.

Top Bottom