• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    So I was going to Daleville to visit some family today and I thought why not go on down to Wilber Wright and put a little lead down range. Man am I glad I did, I had a great time. To top it off, my eight year old boy decided to tag along, and he had never shot a real gun.

For todays trip, we took our Colt 20 inch A2, the 77/17, and a glock in .45 and 9mm. Both long guns had scopes that needed to be zeroed. After I got the Colt zeroed, the boy took his first shot and put it almost dead center from 50yds. When I say first shot, I mean first shot ever. The guys watching the targets with field glasses about went crazy. I should probably mention the rifle has a bi-pod. Still yet, I was impressed. After running 1/2 a box through the .17 we moved over to the pistol range. After he shot the .45, he was wishing I would have thrown the p22 in the bag, but I hadn't. The 9 really was not his thing either. As a matter of fact the first empty hit him in the face.

I also met a guy there with a DPMS carbine that had a VFG and an eotech on it. I had never shot a gun with either of these features. It was the bees knees, I hope to try the aimpoints before I get optics for my carbine. The whole both eyes open thing works pretty good. All in all it made me realize that I don't get out and shoot near enough

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Glad to hear you and your son had a great time. Any pics? Kudos to you for introducing your son to shooting sports. Next time, don't forget the 22! :D

SCAR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Valparaiso Indiana
    You may want to rethink letting your boy use the P22n I took my 9yo last year to teach him to shoot with the P22 and I havnt been able to get to the range alone sense!
    Glad to see another using the hobby for father son time!

Top Bottom