• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Karl Fairburne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2018
    Loveland
    Is in the basement in the gun room. It took four of us to get it down the steps. However, prior to setting it up. I got two wooden pallets to set my safe on. I figured two pallets on top of each other will keep my stuff dry should a pipe or water heater fail. However, when I go to live elsewhere, the safe is staying put, lol. Aint no way that safe is going up those steps again. Just a tip for others who have safes in a basement.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Is in the basement in the gun room. It took four of us to get it down the steps. However, prior to setting it up. I got two wooden pallets to set my safe on. I figured two pallets on top of each other will keep my stuff dry should a pipe or water heater fail. However, when I go to live elsewhere, the safe is staying put, lol. Aint no way that safe is going up those steps again. Just a tip for others who have safes in a basement.

Good idea..The safe movers set mine on two 4X4 blocks of wood in my basement..Bill.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Probably not a wise idea to announce where your safe is located, but what the heck, you got your 50 so go browse the classifieds and buy something new to put in it

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Not that I care to respond to the OP (who is shootered at the time I'm replying to this), but: If you elevate your safe, it's gonna also be easier to tip over. Should someone want to break into it, knocking it over and going at the door while it's face-up is easier than going at the door while it's upright.

Stacking it on shipping pallets may work for a time - but safes SHOULD be heavy. Heavy safes + a bunch of heavy stuff inside is going to make those pallets not be so ideal in relatively short period of time.

Stacking it on 2-3-4 treated 4x4 pieces of lumber, and then lagging the safe to the poured basement floor THROUGH the lumber is a good way to go. Just be sure that you don't go all the way through your floor.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The basement, or garage for that matter, doesn't have the ideal dry environment for weapons storage. I know you can put a dh in the safe, just wouldn't be my first choice.

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    My understanding was that the "real" high-speed low-drag operating men's operator's installed their basement safes by crane when the foundation was poured, and then built the house up around it.

I think the worst safe installation I've ever seen in person was a guy that bought a probably half million dollar free standing walk in safe, and then just put it on casters in his garage. Anybody with a fork truck and a flatbed could have that thing loaded up and gone in ten minutes tops, Granted, what kind of petty criminal has that level of equipment and planning skills?

Top Bottom