• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, at least for long guns, they are pretty obvious. My shipping guy had a good idea what my AR-9 was when it was returned to me from being repaired.
    "I dont want to know what this is, do I?" (as he sits it down next to my desk)
    "Nothing important. Just some data rack parts. "
    "uh-huh..."

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Am told it was a UPS Freight facility on Brooks Rd in Memphis. Am also told Remington ships from a facility in Memphis, so it is likely that's what these will be and accounts for the high # of firearms in this case. Further speculation causes me to say probably was in a loaded trailer waiting for departure on a run that starts sometime over the weekend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, at least for long guns, they are pretty obvious. My shipping guy had a good idea what my AR-9 was when it was returned to me from being repaired.
    "I dont want to know what this is, do I?" (as he sits it down next to my desk)
    "Nothing important. Just some data rack parts. "
    "uh-huh..."

Our shipping guy always smiles when w get "Those" packages.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    In 1994 our shop had ordered a new Beretta 92 that disappeared. We recieved a torn open empty box. Yes, they delivered - an empty box. Turns out sum dood at UPS swiped it and then decided he couldn't get out of the facility with it so he tossed it into an empty trailer. 2 days later the ATF sent some young college girl to inspect our books closely. We were like, Hey, we didn't lose it. We never recieved it. I have been in the some UPS facilities. I'd rather not give them a firearm. If they had 400 guns in their facility they should have had armed guards on it. They're don't cost that much and besides - think of the children.........

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    My money says it was an inside job. Knowing what was there, where to find it, and how to avoid security - too much coincidence to be random.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    No doubt and inside job. I loaded the delivery trucks for 6 years and packages are constantly in motion, rarely sitting idle. To be able to grab 400 guns at once is a major feat!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I just came to say why it was from someone working there but looks like "inside job" has worn out it's welcome already! :ingo:

Top Bottom