Lafayette Gun and Knife Show
    October 6th 9 A.M.-5 P.M.
    October 7th 9 A.M.-3 P.M.
    Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds
    1010 Teal Rd
    Free parking
    $5.00 admission
    Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult

Guns, knives, clips & magazines, military surplus, holsters and concealment products, and MORE

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    This show worth an hour drive? Any hand loading components?

I am getting out of 45acp and would like to trade some components and dies out.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    This show worth an hour drive? Any hand loading components?

I am getting out of 45acp and would like to trade some components and dies out.
    There will be at least one vendor there that buys, sells and trades reloading equipment. There will likely be more than one, but I know of one that will definitely be there.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    I’ll be there first thing in the morning. Nothing better to do on a rainy Saturday than spend money.

If anyone has a 10/22 in decent shape with iron sights that they’re bringing to sell, PM me please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Went one time.
    Various shades of plastic, blades for covens, semi-autos and nine kinds of jerky.
    If I hadn't already been to the big city last Thursday maybe would drop by.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    I came and I saw. Bought 4lbs of TiteGroup and spent $3 on a knife sharpening. He complemented my stainless Spyderco.

Terrible time to sell, but a great time to buy an AR.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Lots of good stuff! Managed to sell everything I brought really quick.

Came home with a new G19FS, various ammo, primers, and a cheese and sausage for the road.

Nice show. Lots of room to walk around (no crop dusting or B.O.). I'll hit this one when needed. Good time for a rainy day.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was disappointed.
    I went specifically looking for some type of night vision scope that I can actually afford.
    There was not more than a couple dozen optics at the entire show, and nothing night vision.

I did buy some magnum spp, a brick of .22lr, and a box of LeverEvolution .45/70gvt.
    Not a bad day.

Still looking for N.V. ...

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    It depends on what you’re looking for. I bought powder at a fair price. I about dropped dead when the first table had it $30 over market value. Same scenario with CCI Standard Velocity 22LR at $0.09/round.

They can charge what ever they want because I’m not breaking my back loading their trailer when they haul it all back home.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was disappointed.
    I went specifically looking for some type of night vision scope that I can actually afford.
    There was not more than a couple dozen optics at the entire show, and nothing night vision.

I did buy some magnum spp, a brick of .22lr, and a box of LeverEvolution .45/70gvt.
    Not a bad day.

NV gear that's actually useful probably isn't in the "afford" category for most of us!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    NV gear that's actually useful probably isn't in the "afford" category for most of us!

Kind of what I'm afraid of.
    Much as I'd like to have a good night scope, I can't see spending 4-5x more for a scope than I paid for the rifle it will be mounted on.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    It depends on what you’re looking for. I bought powder at a fair price. I about dropped dead when the first table had it $30 over market value. Same scenario with CCI Standard Velocity 22LR at $0.09/round.

They can charge what ever they want because I’m not breaking my back loading their trailer when they haul it all back home.

Yes! I saw that powder was way high. Generally why I quit the shows unless I have something to sell off or need a good laugh.

Can't beat Cabelas when they have a sale. I learned my lesson on that the hard way. I paid over 20 a lb. for titegroup at a show last year. I grabbed the mail out of the box when I got home. There it is in Cabelas add for 18 a lb. Same drive to store for me and I don't have to pay to get in.

Let them keep it. Same with ammo. Can't beat Walmart on that.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I was disappointed.

Not a bad day.

I used to sell night vision at gun shows. I quit bringing it because everyone thought it was too expensive. People wanted to buy it for about 1/3 of what I paid for it.
    Usually, Osprey Global sets up at practically every show put on by CIG, not sure why they weren't at Lafayette this time. They carry more affordable night vision, not sure of the quality though. You get what you pay for...

Top Bottom