• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nate Reynolds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2018
    Indy
    I had a friend sell some guns from my father's estate for me at the Holt Rd show last weekend. There was some miscommunication and 2 guns were sold that were sentimental to me and I wanted to keep.

One was a Remington 97 with a busted barrel and the other was and Ithaca 20ga pump. If you or anyone you know went to the show, can you kindly ask around?

Many thanks!

Nate Reynolds
    317-625-2917

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I had a friend sell some guns from my father's estate for me at the Holt Rd show last weekend. There was some miscommunication and 2 guns were sold that were sentimental to me and I wanted to keep.

One was a Remington 97 with a busted barrel and the other was and Ithaca 20ga pump. If you or anyone you know went to the show, can you kindly ask around?

Many thanks!

Nate Reynolds
    317-625-2917
    If you went through a FFL you should be able to track down the buyer. The FFL might not want to give the info out but if you explain to them they may contact the buyer on your behalf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    I hear your pain Nate. My Mother found a trunk under the stairs with a letter attached. Without opening the letter she had her Brother take the contents to the gun shop to sell. 3 rifles and 2 pistols from WWII. In the letter my Dad wanted the firearms to be given to me. I was in the Military at the time. I was confused at first reading the letter and asking where are the firearms. When my Mother told me she had my Uncle sell them, I couldnt get mad at her. I figured what was done was done.

I hope you find the Buyers and they treat you with respect and sell you the firearms back.

Good Luck.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I hear your pain Nate. My Mother found a trunk under the stairs with a letter attached. Without opening the letter she had her Brother take the contents to the gun shop to sell. 3 rifles and 2 pistols from WWII. In the letter my Dad wanted the firearms to be given to me. I was in the Military at the time. I was confused at first reading the letter and asking where are the firearms. When my Mother told me she had my Uncle sell them, I couldnt get mad at her. I figured what was done was done.

I hope you find the Buyers and they treat you with respect and sell you the firearms back.

Good Luck.

Very unlike a woman to not read a letter, women are very nosy by nature, that is probably the first thing she did.
    Sounds to me like they (Your Mother and Uncle) were just being greedy and sold them thinking you would never know. Then once they started thinking about it, made up the story of how she read the letter after the fact.
    Sorry, I don't know your relationship with your Mother, but unfortunately for me, I found several times that my Parents lied to me when I was young.
    Most people are self centered and only think of themselves, especially were money is involved.

INGO, did not mean to thread jack, OP best of luck on your quest, doubtful that there is a "paper trail".

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Very unlike a woman to not read a letter, women are very nosy by nature, that is probably the first thing she did.
    Sounds to me like they (Your Mother and Uncle) were just being greedy and sold them thinking you would never know. Then once they started thinking about it, made up the story of how she read the letter after the fact.
    Sorry, I don't know your relationship with your Mother, but unfortunately for me, I found several times that my Parents lied to me when I was young.
    Most people are self centered and only think of themselves, especially were money is involved.

INGO, did not mean to thread jack, OP best of luck on your quest, doubtful that there is a "paper trail".
    Yep

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

Blatant sexism. Thought we were better than that around here.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Starting to sound like CNN or a liberal protest in here. His experiences sound like many I've had or know of too. Facts are facts, personal truths can be told. If someone wants to put a nasty label on that then so be it. "Better than that?" Also as opinion and no better or more important than anyone elses.
    Sexism lmfao. Most women are nosey. Fact. And it's in their damn gender DNA makeup as women. Men have traits too. Fact. It's what makes us unique and compliment each other. That's not sexism.
    I am so sick and tired of this ****. If you wanna cry about **** and live in a damn bubble because real things or opinions hurt your feelings then dont hang around other people and certainly not the big bad internet.
    Ignore list works. Use it if people are too offensive to your sensibilities.
    223 gunner is a really good dude.

Last edited:

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County

Very cynical view. Love it.

Last edited:

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Hopefully a valuable lesson was learned here. Deals like this should never be made out in parking lots. Don't get me wrong I believe in Private Sales but I also believe in only privately selling to somebody I know and trust. Not to mention parking lot sales give the Liberals something to cry about. Any Firearms I deal with I prefer there to be a paper trail if they're going to someone else's possession.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Hopefully a valuable lesson was learned here. Deals like this should never be made out in parking lots. Don't get me wrong I believe in Private Sales but I also believe in only privately selling to somebody I know and trust. Not to mention parking lot sales give the Liberals something to cry about. Any Firearms I deal with I prefer there to be a paper trail if they're going to someone else's possession.

No, the lesson to learn is if you want to sell some of your possessions, fire arms or what ever , do it yourself don't trust someone else to do it for you. **** the liberals and they're crying.
    As for the paper trail, if they were inherited there wouldn't be a paper trail anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom