Reminder - Nappanee Show Is Back Oct. 20th !!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doc Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2017
    Elkhart
    Don't hardly post much here, but wanted to give a heads up on the Nappanee Show. Put on by the Northern Indiana Gun Collectors Association it had to cancel the last few due to a building situation. I'm glad to hear it is back and will take place October 20th. Its a one day show, ALWAYS has lots of GREAT stuff.... And no Beanie Babbies, Avon or Jewelry. Its a real old fashioned gun show put on by gun folks not promoters! I hear it is sold out for tables, and that the new building will hold about 50 more tables than the old building. Really looking forward to this show!!! Stop by if you get a chance you won't regret it!

Doc Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2017
    Elkhart
    Just had a look at the new building Thursday that the show will be in during another event there. Gonna be a GREAT building! Bright & roomy compared to the old building if you remember those, and all one big room! The address for your GPS is: 13924 N. 1100 W. - Nappanee. It's a couple miles south and a bit West of the old locatiion. But keep in mind some GPS's will take you to 1050 W (One road east) instead of 1100 W. (west County Line road) Maybe something with the building being so new I do not think it is quite ID'd right yet on some GPS systems. My GPS told me to turn into a farm, on 1050, so I googled the address again and saw the one road over issue, and made the change. The new building is actually right behind that farm on the next road west. The new building is called the "Claywood Event Center".

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Do you lose a hour or gain? I think there’s a Time change from Indy. I wouldn’t want to be early or late when driving 3 hours away.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Do you lose a hour or gain? I think there’s a Time change from Indy. I wouldn’t want to be early or late when driving 3 hours away.

We're on the same time as Indy.:yesway:

Just those loons in northwest and southwest corners that are on Chicago time.;)

indiana-county-map.png

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Does the venue have a name?

Just had a look at the new building Thursday that the show will be in during another event there. Gonna be a GREAT building! Bright & roomy compared to the old building if you remember those, and all one big room! The address for your GPS is: 13924 N. 1100 W. - Nappanee. It's a couple miles south and a bit West of the old locatiion. But keep in mind some GPS's will take you to 1050 W (One road east) instead of 1100 W. (west County Line road) Maybe something with the building being so new I do not think it is quite ID'd right yet on some GPS systems. My GPS told me to turn into a farm, on 1050, so I googled the address again and saw the one road over issue, and made the change. The new building is actually right behind that farm on the next road west. The new building is called the "Claywood Event Center".

;)

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Ok, now I'm totally confused. Sometime back when I Googled this location it appeared to be slightly south and couple miles west of the previous Dutch Village location putting it south of the tracks. Today when I followed the NIGCA page link it's north of the Goshen-Plymouth Trail on east side of County Line; which is it?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Ok, now I'm totally confused. Sometime back when I Googled this location it appeared to be slightly south and couple miles west of the previous Dutch Village location putting it south of the tracks. Today when I followed the NIGCA page link it's north of the Goshen-Plymouth Trail on east side of County Line; which is it?

When I gps'ed it last week it showed south of 6 and (if I'm remembering right) west of the old location

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    these are the directions that i got from the promoter
    NIGCA Nappanee Gun Show
    Sat. Oct. 20, 2018
    Claywood Event Center
    13924 N. 1100 W. (W. County Line Rd.)
    8am-4pm Adm. $3 (12 & under Free w/adult)
    Call 574-936-4431 or email, Binky 15237@embarqmail.com .
    From SR 6, turn south on Tomahawk Trl, (old location you turned north) Go over RR Tracks, take an immediate right (west) on CR 56, to W. County Line Rd. Turn left (south) Event Center will be on left (east) side of road, just past the group of trees. About 3 miles from old location-follow signs!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    How far is this from Rentown? Do they still have the free cheese samples? Sounds like lunch :-)

I can check when I go Friday and let you know. Otherwise, you could hit the restaurant in the old building for lunch.

I could go for some chocolate covered coffee beans.... go there first Expat, and meet me at the show

I will have to get some more of those, but may not get enough to share. :):

Maybe I should test out the directions on Friday when I go to Rentown to shop as I think we are going to try to attend this one Saturday.

Top Bottom