• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    The title says it all - on july 25th my Springfield XDM 40 cal was stolen. Now the confusing part is they left the $200 in cash, the riot shotgun, and the 2 ar15s, along with this they also left $1000 worth of jewerly and including a laptop and a wii. I did follow up with a police report this morning, and the bad thing is there is no sign of a breakin. Basically all the criminal took was the small gun safe, the concerning thing is that it included the gun and 3 fully loaded mags. If by chance any of you are out or come across a private sale please keep a eye out it would be greatly appreciated. If found and reward will be provided.

Gun: Springfeild XDM (BLACK) 40.cal
    Serial: MG120724
    Number to contact: 317-523-7622

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The title says it all - on july 25th my Springfield XDM 40 cal was stolen. Now the confusing part is they left the $200 in cash, the riot shotgun, and the 2 ar15s, along with this they also left $1000 worth of jewerly and including a laptop and a wii. I did follow up with a police report this morning, and the bad thing is there is no sign of a breakin. Basically all the criminal took was the small gun safe, the concerning thing is that it included the gun and 3 fully loaded mags. If by chance any of you are out or come across a private sale please keep a eye out it would be greatly appreciated. If found and reward will be provided.

Mods- This needs to be added to the "stolen" thread
    Could you please add it to that thread?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana

First off, sorry about you stolen pistol :noway:

You say in your post there was no sign of a break in -- does that mean it could've been a friend, etc?

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    First off, sorry about you stolen pistol :noway:

You say in your post there was no sign of a break in -- does that mean it could've been a friend, etc?

Very possible - I hate to think it but I have to, Whats odd is that the House lock and the two bolt locks on my room door are 3 seperate keys along with this the door is steel shielded and the windows were changed out to plexglass from the landlord to help out with insurence. So how did they get in? that is the question and there are only 1 key for the 2 bolt locks on my room and I have them both. The guy that took this is either really stupid or REALLY good and new only what he wanted.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Very possible - I hate to think it but I have to, Whats odd is that the House lock and the two bolt locks on my room door are 3 seperate keys along with this the door is steel shielded and the windows were changed out to plexglass from the landlord to help out with insurence. So how did they get in? that is the question and there are only 1 key for the 2 bolt locks on my room and I have them both. The guy that took this is either really stupid or REALLY good and new only what he wanted.

That's tough. Do you trust your landlord? Does he/she have some shady family members?

Since they took the safe, they may have thought you'd have cash and other valuables.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Or he got scared off before he could get everything!! Check with your neighbors to see if they saw anyone that looked out of place or strange.

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Landlord no longer has a key because I switched out the locks around the whole house, and as for them thinking there was money in the safe, I cant see how the missed the $200 in 20s sitting right there on the desk the gun safe was under. From what all of this adds up to is that its very possible it is someone I know. As for asking the neighbors, The one right across the street was out on his porch between 1pm to 3 am, and no one came to the house or entered it in anyway. **** this is a head ache. The pisser is that is $600 and +140 with mags down the drain, but I do know for sure im buying a bigger safe and I am going to bolt that thing to the wall so tight you will need C4 to break it loose.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Start looking at your 'friends' very closely. I'll bet that one of their 'acquaintances' learned that you had guns and decided to act, hence only the pistol is gone.

%90 of thefts occur in this manner, or similar. There is always a connection by meeting or through a connection.

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I would have to agree the bad thing is scoping out your friends but its ever worse when you have a stolen loaded firearm out on the street in god knows what hands :xmad:. ANyone want to make any recommendations on what to look for, I have already called every gunshop open today along with pawn shops, and I have called every friend in the book and I hate to say it they all have alliby's along with providing proof of the alliby and I could not accuse my roommate as he was with me the whole entire time when the incident occured

SCAR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Valparaiso Indiana
    I deal with this stuff everyday and I would say 75% of the time you know the suspect. I'm guessing he only took the one cuz he figured it would be awhile before u noticed it missing and they would have time to pawn/sell it off.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I would have to agree the bad thing is scoping out your friends but its ever worse when you have a stolen loaded firearm out on the street in god knows what hands :xmad:. ANyone want to make any recommendations on what to look for, I have already called every gunshop open today along with pawn shops, and I have called every friend in the book and I hate to say it they all have alliby's along with providing proof of the alliby and I could not accuse my roommate as he was with me the whole entire time when the incident occured

What about your roomates friend(s)? It would make sence. He knew exactly where you were and could let his friend(s) know when you were going to be home.

Sorry to hear this happened, and I hope it is returned!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

I've been there done that...it sucks. I had the same thing happen to me 12 yrs ago. The pistol showed up 7 yrs later on a traffic stop. A LTCHer had bought my pistol off the street...he got locked up because of it. You never know when/where it will turn up. It stays in the NCIC wanted files forever (practically speaking).

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Hopefully it turns up, as for my roommates friends there all out of state so unlikely but possible. Good thing is I explained to the neighbors around the area that there was a reward for any information, and that sparked some interest. Also thanks to HandK49031 - He reminded that if you are a NRA member that you do have a $1000 insurance onyour firearms, So i will check on that monday, if it replaces the gun that would be great I still want to know who did this :dunno:

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Sorry to say but it sure does sound like someone who knows you. We are extremely careful about ever talking about what we have and if we did have something it would be locked up in a safe to big to carry......hypothetically speaking.

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Sorry to say but it sure does sound like someone who knows you. We are extremely careful about ever talking about what we have and if we did have something it would be locked up in a safe to big to carry......hypothetically speaking.

I have to take it as a lesson learned but then again the room was safe with the plexglass windows and metal door with double boltlock, but I do have a couple of small clues but the bad thing that is a ex girlfriend and even attempting to accuse her or having her checked out would possibly be more problems then I may want to handle, But the main clues are she was spotted by a few neighboors going up and down the street by the house and this was around a week ago, but the locks are changed and even if she did get in the house she had no access to my room or the locks as I am the only one with a key. The next clue is the school right across the street has a camera that was aimed at the house and there is recording 24/7 so im waiting until monday to check with them.

Sounds like I have to be the detective and then once I locate the person let the police have the fun job of obtaining them.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    i smell some fish.something sounds real strange about this whole thing.two plus locks on the door you with the only keys,are you sure none of the windows where messed with.i have seen some good up close but not that good.there is a clue some where.are you sure the roommate didnt make a key when you where asleep or off doing something and left the keys behind.just dont add up

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5

Make flyers and post them everywhere possible. I had 12 stolen, got back 7 thanks to the flyer. Good luck.

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    making a key would be a issue as when I got the locks I had the keys create with do not duplicate printed on them, and the day it happened my roommate was with me the whole time. But I do agree there has to be a clue in the room and I am still searching, im using every method I can find online and one of my close friends is a detective with marion county so he is coming by tonight to see how he can help, just had to offer the free beer with it of course. As for the windows None of the screens show strain and I use the stoppers on all the windows if I leave them cracked, and none of the windows were damaged. But I do need to note after looking for a 3rd time I saw 2 out of the three windows have the normal dirt on the bottem and the dirt is a nice straight line, but the middle window does show a little disturbence, but how did they open the windows without the stoppers being broken? Basically every clue has a pro and a con, now I know why the police hate this game.

I was also looking at the insurence with the NRA since I am a member there is $1000 converage and the only information they require is the police report which I have and a recipt for the weapon and serial, The Insurence is through ArmsCare so if anyone has had to make a claim if you can provide information of your experince it would be grealty apreciated

Top Bottom