• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    But those Black Ace ones are looking pretty sweet. Not that pricey either considering.

I wonder how much either of those are susceptible to "limp wristing" (if that term can apply to such guns). I noticed in the Black Aces demo video that on his second run through, he had a FTE on the last round.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Back in the 80's I was introduced to a Remington 1100 shorty. It was at the intersection of malfunction junction. Maybe the area has been subject to infrastructure improvements.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Black Aces offered one that was built from a regular shotgun which means it's an NFA item. I think it was a Remington though.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    MAN, that looks fun! Can't really justify it over my 1187, though.

But that doesn't mean that I don't still want one! LOL

I swear, I need to open a combination used car lot/gun shop just so I can play with all my favorite toys! LOL

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, I figured what the hell and got on the reservation list for the synthetic stocked Black Aces Tactical model. You have to call in to do so and the guy told me that they are down to their last 100 slots out of a 1000 (for this run at least, not sure if they plan to keep making these or if they just are doing one big batch).

Supposed to build and ship in mid to late November. So, we'll see how it goes.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I am tempted, looks awesome. I have a Remington 1187 police model with Surefire light fore-end and Wilson Combat ghost ring sight, nice rig. Guess I'll hold off a while longer.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Just put my pre-order in. At $449, that is one hell of a deal IMO.

Side note...in speaking with their customer service, they modified the back of the receiver to take MOSSBERG stocks/braces/accessories. I am looking at putting the SB Tactical 590-SBM4 on this bad boy.

I like the looks and features of the Remington V3 Tac-13 better than the Black Aces version. But at twice the price...for a range toy, I couldn't justify it.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I picked up a Black Aces Tactical ProS synthetic model for a great price at a local auction. Unfired and NIB. Just ordered an SB3 brace. With a 14" barrel and a 4+1 capacity, this may become part of the home defense plan if operation is reliable.

Sheriff Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    Anderson/Pendleton
    I had (having) a very bad experience with bat, they would not stand behind anything with it. No warranty at all, other then lip service after the sale, the service has been zero. If you look on the site under terms, they are not covering anything.

I have been working since Aug to get any help from them, it is now in the hands of the CC company in an effort to get any kind of help on the matter.

I am a repeat costumer with them, this being the second gun I bought. But never again, nor will I recommend them. Stick with a Mossberg or the such, you can't go wrong. A buddy bought a Mossberg 9200 back in 1991 and had to send it in a couple months back, Mossberg replaced the barrel and covered the shipping at no cost. Damn sure won't get that bat the next day after buying... :D

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I had (having) a very bad experience with bat, they would not stand behind anything with it. No warranty at all, other then lip service after the sale, the service has been zero. If you look on the site under terms, they are not covering anything.

I have been working since Aug to get any help from them, it is now in the hands of the CC company in an effort to get any kind of help on the matter.

I am a repeat costumer with them, this being the second gun I bought. But never again, nor will I recommend them. Stick with a Mossberg or the such, you can't go wrong. A buddy bought a Mossberg 9200 back in 1991 and had to send it in a couple months back, Mossberg replaced the barrel and covered the shipping at no cost. Damn sure won't get that bat the next day after buying... :D

That's interesting and good to know.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I can't speak for their customer service, but so far, my experience with the Pro S has been a bit iffy. It started as not being very reliable at all, jamming on just about everything. I've been working with some heavy duty high velocity loads and it seems to be improving. It now generally cycles the Remington GL127 without a problem, but it can still be iffy on some other lighter birdshot loads.

I'm hoping I can get it to be 100%, as it makes a very handy little room sweeper.

MrNC8o44E8sAyaCt2GnUcDXXv3y9_UTayhcT_PnXtRjyMugtXn5Fgjx6y9SVCPGMjnsuUWlpfDy4FbvEl-5Jj8WnEqFM_ScFruZw0VmQu23me4X3Hch9aSsO8NdiQHoNWlKJXLfji3Yc5HgRMTOSMWEI9mEddYEy8nxAsrl_6hHNO8nd-Bv4aFS2qWr3mNwXSCE8O1FGy2a2U1vhfRMwG07tuI8b3MeM4tc96SqNLqfnASUtygAuOZYrb9wgJmlBUYE3vvQ7FcOLoGTYnwiMbFH2EqWfnB0UZ-RO0zrHaWzCq6Qg3MD9ywSSKYjMsHsw8PjsIqoKz73JgeZ4_Ta0cvk_syyz8_rNmyC953j8pEmQ4MZuh7pPAwTe9Ww6OiA0oszP0bx2OQqt6NUjl4Aplkg3YVbq5MuTalz5owM3TTe_QP1nIeVCVNBfRorLWSFqhY5UxGN5s0025-ZI2gXJyuQPaOTrojrDxFElex7ByKWmYuZlAn5B-YvFCNpk63CFfwAWJ1oMdQ8IF3zTQ49o7kp01qNrL6_I9DNSqbDXXeP8DfReE5nHSorTAAqKrRSFlPNRcKTZzFvNPb8g1abfnMHUM4Y-9HRbhjDKkLwOP_1e-EDJCOeoA2DR2VqWjf04YGohuLp-rzXA4B0oelo9Vxb5tFFwSm5Mu4I4CaBZ6hYD5E6_kllk9kY=w1920-h568-no

Top Bottom