• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So I love my Ruger light Weight 1911, for me $675.00 was a good deal for a reliable,accurate 1911. The other day I get an email from Ruger announcing a $2300+ 1911 in 9mm. Just wondering whose brain child this was?

Not saying anything bad about Ruger but come on . $2400 for a cast 1911?

That is well North of a Dan Wesson venturing into Wilson Combat land!

How much are they paying for the Name?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It says Koenig on the side of it tho

Looking into it a bit more, if... it didn't need anything else done to it by the time it comes down to actual cost 1800 to 2000 it may be a good buy as a competition ready pistol. I'll have somewhere around that in my SA RO 9mm after the custom work is done to it to get it up to snuff for single stack. I think since they are selling it as a competition ready pistol it should come with 5 magazines tho, 2 is a teaser.

Last edited:

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    For what they want for that I would have to put my money toward a Les Baer. I don't like the cast frame the black slide serrations looks tacky and Rugers quality hasn't been that good for quite some time.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Um . . . someone on INGO MIGHT have spoken to Michael Fifer about the possibility of a Ruger Custom Shop at NRAAM in Pittsburgh in 2011 and doing things such as bring back limited runs of Security Sixes, semi-custom, custom rifles, inter alia.

But I have no idea who this moron would be.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    900 bucks for a 10/22? please tell me someone at rugers not smoking crack?

and don't bring up volquartsen or tactical solutions, cause they're smoking crack too!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    900 bucks for a 10/22? please tell me someone at rugers not smoking crack?

and don't bring up volquartsen or tactical solutions, cause they're smoking crack too!

The quality and features provided by TacSol and VQ make it easily worth the cost. The Custom Shop 10/22 has a lot of the same features so I’d expect to a similar cost, would be nice if they included a better trigger the BX one though. So maybe it should be a bit cheaper than it is, but they aren’t out of line for what they are offering.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The quality and features provided by TacSol and VQ make it easily worth the cost. The Custom Shop 10/22 has a lot of the same features so I’d expect to a similar cost, would be nice if they included a better trigger the BX one though. So maybe it should be a bit cheaper than it is, but they aren’t out of line for what they are offering.

Spend the money. Buy a Kidd. Never regret the purchase.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Um . . . someone on INGO MIGHT have spoken to Michael Fifer about the possibility of a Ruger Custom Shop at NRAAM in Pittsburgh in 2011 and doing things such as bring back limited runs of Security Sixes, semi-custom, custom rifles, inter alia.

But I have no idea who this moron would be.

Back in the day they did some custom engraving in house IIRC....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Back in the day they did some custom engraving in house IIRC....

No, dude, I didn't want a Fuddey-Fudd engraving of some damn dog on point over quail on some dentist's 28 gauge, I wanted the frickin' Ruger Performance Center.

Semi-custom special purpose rifles, bring back limited runs of discontinued models, build your own rifle website, etc.

I made my case in a reasoned manner and Fifer actually did listen to me. AND he listened to my criticisms of the Ruger Scout.

I had my one shot at real change in the gun industry, who knew it was going to be Pittsburgh.:D

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

This is how I see it also. I agree the BX trigger brings it down a notch, but I like the rear lug and the stock.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Spent the money. Bought two TacSols. Don’t regret the purchases. :D

I’d be curious to see if a Kidd rifle, in my hands, would be any different than TacSol. I wouldn’t bet on it, Alexis’ hands though could be a different story.

I've often toyed with the idea of a tacsol rcvr but their bbls do not impress me. At least the ones I've fired. About 1/2 dozen in different rcvrs so far.. The Kidd bbls I've had have all been tack drivers. My favorite being the 20" straight taper on my wife's squirrel rifle. I have not tried any of their aluminum sleeved or ultralight options.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I asked for a case hardened frame SBH.
    Also a #1 in .44 mag.

Took years but they finally did it.

Still haven't seen them do a #1A in .35 rem
    or a walnut stainless steel Redlabel 20 ga

Top Bottom