• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Went to Roush Lake this morning/afternoon to test out a Grendel P-12 .380 I picked up at the Noblesville show. It was kind of an impulse buy but hey it came with test ammo:D

On the way home from the I was wondering what the hell I got a new caliber for with ammo prices the way they are so I put it up for trade/sale. But I wanted to make sure it was functioning before I transacted, hence the range trip.

OK, Here's the report:
    I shot 80 rounds through it. 50 Wolf steel cased and 30 fiochi brass.

Acurracy and feel: First time with a .380 wow they kick in a small frame!
    Shot on the paper from 7 yards with a fair amount of them in the scoring range. That let's me know it'll work within it's intended range.
    11shots and one in the chamber in a small gun is kinda cool.
    Does have a significant kick but probably not anymore than the P9 OR P11 9mm I was lamenting not getting.

Ammo/Misfires:

Wolf Steelcase:I had several fail to feed and 2 fail to eject only when using the Wolf steel cased. Oddly all the misfires came after the first 4-7 shots and all but 2 were cured by one re-rack and a tap.

Oddly the 2 times I had it loaded with 12 (one in the tube) it functioned without incident.

Fiochi Brass: No feed issues at all.

Bottom Line: Cool little gun. Still leaving it on the trading block unless I can find some reasonably priced ammo. I'd like ot get some HP ammo and see how it does. I do fear that the more I shoot it the more I'll like it.
    I'm supposed to go look at an Astra .357 at the end of the week and the guy wants to take a look att this if I still have it.
    I'm afraid if I shoot it more I'll like it more......
    Interesting little gun with some ties to the current Keltec pocket guns.
    Also throws brass/steel 20 ft in all directions especially behind you.....

Top Bottom