• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Tried this once before and didn't get much input so I'll give it another shot. I'm considering an AR pistol build and I've found a kit from DSG Arms that only needs a lower to be finished. I don't know much about them so I was wondering if anyone here could tell me about their quality. How do they measure up to a manufacturer such as BCM or DD? Anyone know the difference between their "utility-", "duty-", and "match-" grade parts?

Before anyone asks, this will likely become my primary bump-in-the-night gun so reliability is key here. I would just save a bit of money and buy a similar kit from PSA but the constant bashing and trashing on them is leading me to believe that they're sort of the UTG (read: airsoft grade crap) of the AR market when it comes to anything more than plinking.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I haven't purchased an AR kit from DSG Arms, but the parts I have purchased from them are of good quality. The prices they ask with the MIL/LEO discount are fair. The AR kits they have listed appear to have quality accessories included. If the kit is configured as you want it could be a good buy.

I like PSA parts, they offer several different grades of parts at a low price and all are acceptable for casual use. The high grade parts are not much more expensive than the lower grade parts. With PSA parts, I would always purchase the better barrel, carrier group and trigger group. There is little difference in the quality parts from many suppliers and many come from the same manufacture. By carefully selecting PSA parts you could probably have as good of firearm as some more expensive brands.

Top Bottom