• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Wow! When reading some of these threads one would swear that the fuzzy woodland creatures of Indiana were some of the most dangerous game animals in the world! Are we wanting to harvest the animal or also process them at the same time? I mean, to each their own, but just sitting back reading... ones own mind will tend to take them places...

Think of this: we have the Pope-Young for bow and the Boone-Crockett scoring system for gun, but this leaves a whole cross section of harvesters out of the running.

I suggest we now start the new scoring system of "Ford-Lincoln-Mercury". Let us not forget all the roadkills that go unmeasured each year!

I think the discussion would sound something like this:

"So, what did you take him with?"
    "I got him with my Escape."
    "4 cyl or 6?"
    "Well, there are those that say you can get them with a 4 but I have always preferred the 6..."

Ford would be those driving the no frills daily driver, Lincoln would be the more costly upgrades designed more for the harvest and Mercury would be the obsolete/classic/vintage autos.

I have yet to calculate in the 2wd v 4wd, but it wouldn't be much of an advantage unless you cheated and had to go out into the median to take one...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    ZZ0SpqL.jpg

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The few weeks I worked at a shop, I can't tell you the Fuddery that walked through the door. One heifer comes blundering into the shop, yakking away about how legalizing rifles in Indiana was idiotic and how someone in the next county was gonna catch a .243 in their kid's head from a miss, etc... his "game warden friend" told him it would happen within the first week. "Only trained hunters should get to use rifles..." etc... Give it about 5 minutes later, he's asking me about a Savage in .300 WinMag I have on the shelf, assuring me it was an awesome deer rifle... :dunno: I countered with, "Well, what happens when you miss and hit a kid in the head in the next county?" Huffs off and leaves, FINALLY...

Another guy: "Oh, son, I wont go in the woods without these Brenneke Black Magics or Lightnings, they're perfect for deer, those Foster slugs bounce right off-um" Huh, tell that to the 5 or 6 boxes Remington 1 oz Expresses worth of deer I've collected over the past years.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The few weeks I worked at a shop, I can't tell you the Fuddery that walked through the door. One heifer comes blundering into the shop, yakking away about how legalizing rifles in Indiana was idiotic and how someone in the next county was gonna catch a .243 in their kid's head from a miss, etc... his "game warden friend" told him it would happen within the first week. "Only trained hunters should get to use rifles..." etc... Give it about 5 minutes later, he's asking me about a Savage in .300 WinMag I have on the shelf, assuring me it was an awesome deer rifle... :dunno: I countered with, "Well, what happens when you miss and hit a kid in the head in the next county?" Huffs off and leaves, FINALLY...

Another guy: "Oh, son, I wont go in the woods without these Brenneke Black Magics or Lightnings, they're perfect for deer, those Foster slugs bounce right off-um" Huh, tell that to the 5 or 6 boxes Remington 1 oz Expresses worth of deer I've collected over the past years.

Remington Buckhammers always worked for me. Cheap and deadly in the H&R.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

This is why I avoid gun shops if I can help it.

Top Bottom