• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    So I made the mistake of fondling a P229 Legion the other day and kind of fell in love with it. I have been debating switching back to a DA/SA gun for carry and that might be the gun to make it happen.

Is is there any others I should considered, I’ve had both CZ and HK and the trigger reset was just god awful on both. I know for the price of a legion I can get some CGW trigger work on the CZ, but I don’t know.

Anything out there I should consider? Does anyone carry a legion?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Having carried Sig's for over 20 years as a duty weapons as well as owning a few to include a 226 Legion Sig's are probably the best designed DA/SA followed by an HK IMHO and experience and Legions are tops at that

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I changed my carry piece recently to the H&K P30SK as I liked the size and weight, but I didn't realize how much better the Sig trigger was, than most anyone else.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    You might also look at the HK with the LEM trigger. It's like a DA/SA but automatically decockes when you take your finger off the trigger. It's a really light DA pull then when it cycles it stays cocked single action. I played with a Border Patrol 2000 during some training. It's pretty slick but I still like my Sig P series especially one with the Legion treatment.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I haven’t been able to get my hands on an HK with an LEM trigger, but I want to at least give it a look. I had a USP a while back that was ok, but I shot a friends p30 and the trigger was just terrible with a super long reset, but the ergonomics where really nice.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I haven’t been able to get my hands on an HK with an LEM trigger, but I want to at least give it a look. I had a USP a while back that was ok, but I shot a friends p30 and the trigger was just terrible with a super long reset, but the ergonomics where really nice.

The only downside with HKs is there are less dealer support. You can go about anywhere and get holsters mags etc for Glock M&Ps and Sig's (mostly 320 but P series is often there) not a big deal in the age of internet ordering for some who are ok with that.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Having carried Sig's for over 20 years as a duty weapons as well as owning a few to include a 226 Legion Sig's are probably the best designed DA/SA followed by an HK IMHO and experience and Legions are tops at that

Wait till you fondle a Tanfoglio stock 2.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If you want the best trigger, you'll have a hard time beating CZ. The CGW parts make all the difference in the world. They only get better with use.
    I love the feel of the P30's, but the trigger sucks!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    You might also look at the HK with the LEM trigger. It's like a DA/SA but automatically decockes when you take your finger off the trigger. It's a really light DA pull then when it cycles it stays cocked single action. I played with a Border Patrol 2000 during some training. It's pretty slick but I still like my Sig P series especially one with the Legion treatment.

Sorta... the hammer stays down but the hammer spring stays compressed so you have a long but light pull. There're a few versions but the gist of it is there's a short reset and a long reset. short reset acts like SA but if you let go of the trigger to the second reset the hammer's down (decocked) and it's a long pull (but light since the hammer spring's still compressed). If you have a dud primer, there's still a true DA for a second strike but with full hammer spring weight. sounds goofy, takes a little getting used to, but everyone that's gotten through the adaption period loves it.

Have handled/shot only a handful of sigs (never a legion tho) and yea they have a crisper trigger (less takeup mainly) but my P30 just melts into my hand.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I highly recommend the Beretta Elite LTT. However, I do realize I’m in the minority. I love it though. Very accurate, very soft shooting, great trigger, great sights.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you want the best trigger, you'll have a hard time beating CZ. The CGW parts make all the difference in the world. They only get better with use.
    I love the feel of the P30's, but the trigger sucks!
    I haven't shot one that has had the cajun stuff put in it, but the stock ones are less than impressive.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I know I am asking to be flogged, scoffed, bullied, ejected from :ingo:, etc... But you should try a Walther P99 AS or P99c AS trigger reset. You get DA/SA with a striker. Let the ridicule begin now... And I'm a DA/SA HK/Sig Guy...

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Oh boy.. Who do I back?!?!?! This is my take as a newb6
    -I love my new cz 75b omega u.g. and sent it in for some cajunizing. The trigger was good, narrowly beating my beretta in "feel" it defintely needs broken in before I can enjoy it or cajunizing it. :-)
    -My beretta 92fs is my go to "duty" gun. I shoot about 500-750 rounds a month which is the total for all my other guns combined (excluding .22lr) but the trigger is okay.. I might be looking into after market trigger work, but I like the stout feel of dependability it has.
    -My sig p220 has the best stock trigger. smooth, clean break, could use a shorter reset though. That trigger will be left as is. I have shot a few sig p22X's and I will say they tend to have some of the better stock triggers. I am a newb so I might not have a clue what I am talking about. I just enjoy the sig triggers better. I have not shot the legion, I'll have to change that sunday. I will shoot it side by side with my newly cajunized cz.
    - I have no experience with hk, walther or arex, sorry

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I EDC a striker gun everyday and have for years. Either a Glock, Sig or CZ. Never understood the appeal of carrying a DA/SA gun.

That said, I took my Sig SP2022 to the range this past weekend and shot lights out with it. Made me reconsider DA/SA options for EDC.

Top Bottom