• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I bought a PF9 used from an INGO member.. The gun was working fine until one day at the range the firing pin and spring decide to eject with the shell. I was standing on some big rocks when I was shooting so I couldnt find the parts when they fell.

Ok now for the question... Kel=Tec offers lifetime warranty like many other manufactures. The only problem is that it states that it only covers the original owner and you have to send in a reciept. I called Kel-Tec and told them I was the original owner and the reciept was lost. They told me they would fix it if I sent it in.. My question is, are they going to look up the original owners name by the numbers on the gun? Or do you think they even really care? Has anyone done this or would you do this?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Not sure on Kel-Tec policy on second or 3rd owners. Hopefully they are like HiPoint and Tuarus.

I'll be paying attention ti thuis trhread as I am considering a used p11 at the moment.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I was worried about this before I bought a used one.

I read the KTOG.com forum online and everyone said that they had no issues getting used ones serviced.

I even called Kel-tec to ask the year of the PF9 I was going to buy and casually asked if I would be considered the first owner of the gun since it was owned by the gun shops owner vs. a private party.

The Kel-tec guy said yep but it wouldnt matter anyway. There is no registration card for an owner to send in and we never ask for receipts. Just send it in according to the web site directions.

Now will you be the one they make....maybe. Also on a gun that been beat to hell they might. I doubt it. Good companies realize its in their interest to fix what to them is a 5 dollar fix and keep you buying Kel-tecs into the future even if you buy used and have a good experience you will along the way convince some to buy a new one.

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    I bought a PF9 used from an INGO member.. The gun was working fine until one day at the range the firing pin and spring decide to eject with the shell. I was standing on some big rocks when I was shooting so I couldnt find the parts when they fell.

Ok now for the question... Kel=Tec offers lifetime warranty like many other manufactures. The only problem is that it states that it only covers the original owner and you have to send in a reciept. I called Kel-Tec and told them I was the original owner and the reciept was lost. They told me they would fix it if I sent it in.. My question is, are they going to look up the original owners name by the numbers on the gun? Or do you think they even really care? Has anyone done this or would you do this?

You may want to talk a gunsmith/armorer in your area. I had a problem with my P11 that I was ultimately able to fix on my own, but had spoken with them earlier and explained the whole warranty/original owner thing. They said that if they were not able to fix it in house and had to send it to Kel Tec, KT has no way of knowing whether it is coming from the first owner or not...it's coming from the gunsmith.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My question is, are they going to look up the original owners name by the numbers on the gun?

Barring submission of a warranty card of some sort, I would find it alarming at best if the manufacturer had this information.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Kel-Tec customer service is one of the best in the buisness, but be prepared for a bit of a wait.

Hmm... I finally resorted to buying a new recoil spring rod for my P-3AT off of freakin' eBay because Kel-Tec let my three emails go unanswered over a period of a month.:dunno:

I'm a Kel-Tec firearms fan, but not so much of their customer service. :n00b:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I started having ejection problems on my (bought used) Keltec P11 recently. Strangely only on Winchester White Box round nose, all hollow points work fine.

Anyway, I called KT & asked them if they could send me an extractor & a spring. All they asked was my name & address. Nothing identifiable about the gun (just that it was P11 obviously). That was Friday before last. On the following Wednesday I got the parts in the mail. Five days including weekends, no questions asked. Pretty good customer service if you ask me.

Haven't had a chance to test it yet to see if its fixed yet (Can't find any dang ammo!)

Top Bottom