• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I have a suggestion concerning the 50 thread rule and how it is administered. I have no problem with the fact that a new member should not be allowed to post items for sale until they have had time to settle in and members and admin have a little history to go use with them. I do think new members should be allowed to reply to classified ads though and leave it up to the member who has the proper post counts and who listed their item for sale to decide if they want to negotiate with the new member who is interested in purchasing the item they wish to part with. This rule penalizes the long standing member and should not.

I do not have the 50 posts yet but I found a member in the classifieds that wants to make a trade for another pistol. It just so happens he has the weapon I am looking for and I have the weapon he is looking for. Could be a win win for us both except I can not message him. Please consider changing this for the future.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a suggestion concerning the 50 thread rule and how it is administered. I have no problem with the fact that a new member should not be allowed to post items for sale until they have had time to settle in and members and admin have a little history to go use with them. I do think new members should be allowed to reply to classified ads though and leave it up to the member who has the proper post counts and who listed their item for sale to decide if they want to negotiate with the new member who is interested in purchasing the item they wish to part with. This rule penalizes the long standing member and should not.

I do not have the 50 posts yet but I found a member in the classifieds that wants to make a trade for another pistol. It just so happens he has the weapon I am looking for and I have the weapon he is looking for. Could be a win win for us both except I can not message him. Please consider changing this for the future.

Well........this is the way the owners want it. This is the way the rules are written and you are about the 900th person (new member) to try and tell us to change it. And we have no intentions of doing so.

If you are that anxious then become a sight supporter. $20 towards keeping the lights on in Ingo.

Beyond that stand down and follow the rules. Period. They are in place for a very good reason.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Ya, I would think the rule should be waved for members that have been here for a while.
    Dec 2013? That's a while.

But what do I know, I'm just a dumb mechanic. :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ya, I would think the rule should be waved for members that have been here for a while.
    Dec 2013? That's a while.

But what do I know, I'm just a dumb mechanic. :rolleyes:

These tend to pop up when an old low post non-active member stops in and sees shiny.
    Pop for the $20 and stand proud man.

OK I just saw he has been a member for a good while.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    13 posts in 5 years? At this rate, it will be about 2038 before you get to 50. We will have light sabers and flying cars by then. Get out here and socialize a little.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

:rolleyes:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...berships-here-read-become-site-supporter.html

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Weren't we supposed to have flying cars 18 years ago?
    Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed. The Dodge Demon can get two wheels off the ground, think what it will be able to do in another 20 years. We are close.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I respectfully wanted to point out that the longtime member should have the choice whether he wants to answer a “newbie” or not. The long time member has 1300+ posts and he is missing an opportunity to make a transaction he asked for. If he is valued within the forum shouldn’t he be able to make a decision on who he deals with? I was not demanding nor disrespectful just pointing out the owners are not just holding back the “newbie”. I also stated that Newbies need more participation before being allowed to sell.
    As far as “newbie” goes I have actually been around since 2013 but have not participated much because I lost a child and frankly gave up all my hobbies for a long time. So shame on me for not posting. And, I will take your suggestion and support the site because there is much to be learned here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I respectfully wanted to point out that the longtime member should have the choice whether he wants to answer a “newbie” or not. The long time member has 1300+ posts and he is missing an opportunity to make a transaction he asked for. If he is valued within the forum shouldn’t he be able to make a decision on who he deals with? I was not demanding nor disrespectful just pointing out the owners are not just holding back the “newbie”. I also stated that Newbies need more participation before being allowed to sell.
    As far as “newbie” goes I have actually been around since 2013 but have not participated much because I lost a child and frankly gave up all my hobbies for a long time. So shame on me for not posting. And, I will take your suggestion and support the site because there is much to be learned here.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...berships-here-read-become-site-supporter.html

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

Off the top of my head I can think of 2 members here that have also lost children. We play rough and tumble sometimes, in certain threads on certain topics but I have also seen great outpourings of support when members are hit with tragedy. This is the main reason for the 50 post rule. We are community first, last and always. We are not Gunbroker with a forum as an afterthought. Quite the opposite.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Thank you for your comment and what I would consider a quality post. We here at INGO have a 50 post rule for a reason. We are an online community with a classifieds section, not a gun sales website. I have personally met a number of INGOers and by having the vetting process of the 50 post rule I think we are better off for it. Get to know some of the INGOers, we like guns, we like shooting guns, and we like to eat. Who doesn't? I don't want to know those people. Nuff said, a couple complete sentences is a quality post, or cough up $20.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You really have no idea how hard that would be to moderate. I am not being callus just stating a fact. We are not armslist/gunbrocker ETC.
    We are a gun/topic discussion forum with some very well versed members. Community 1st. Perks for "Active" members.

As stated this comes up on occasion. It is met pretty much the same way every time. All current active members had to clear this hurdle. Even me. This is why there is the Site Supporter option. Yes, pay to play but it is a win win for all involved.....even the long term members you seem to really care about...:): No harm no foul. Thank you for your well reasoned response.

I am sorry for the loss of a child. Seriously. I have lost a son and understand completely.

Be well,

-CM-

Top Bottom