Capital One ends business account with gun shop because they... sell guns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Found on Reddit. People have sent messages to the "Ask Capital One" official Twitter account, and they are responding that they are adopting new "stricter" policies on who they do business with.

oeqhqha57rx11.jpg

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Wow, I know they don't care but I was looking for a new business card and they are now out of the running. It isn't even for a gun related business.

They have the right to do as they wish, but I hope they feel the consequences of their actions on the bottom line.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    This nonsense will go on until the banks figure out the left wing dingbats are not picking up the slack in profits. These outfits are in business to make money as soon as the profits drop they will look for sources of revenue.
    Does any body think there principals are that high they will leave money on the table for others to pick up.
    Look at what happened to the banking industry in 08. Remember Wells Fargo a few years ago.
    Lets face it we are talking about one of the most greedy business on earth. This is just a faze. As soon as things cool down they will jump back in with both feet.
    They will get creative to keep the left quiet and fill there pockets at the same time.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Equal credit opportunity act on the bottom of a letter... but the body of the letter basically says go away, we don't want your business... interesting.

I get it, Capital One can do business with whom they want to... except they really can't because of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act that govt already passed to intervene in private business.

I'm definitely not for more govt interference in business, so don't want that. Not sure what the answer is except to take one's business elsewhere and let them know why.

Last edited:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    And the moronic part is Capital One took over the cc business from Cabelas after the take over by Bass Pro. That reminds me, I need to cancel my Cabelas card.

And another thing, I havn't spent one $ with Cabelas this year or walked into their store. I hope you're listening (formerly) Cabelas. Take me off your catalog mailing list. I'm really not interested in all your 'RedHead' brand of clothes.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Didn't really say why they chose to stop doing business with them, just that they are. So, gun shop or pawn shop? Multiple customers declaring bankruptcy?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Wonder if this is pressure from one or more board members, or whacked out pressure groups putting pressure on their marketing people to "do something" about "gun violence".

In my banking career management once put a local bigshot on the board who turned out to be a tree hugger. Didn't want the bank involved in any real estate development. As I recall, it was touchy getting rid of him.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    And the moronic part is Capital One took over the cc business from Cabelas after the take over by Bass Pro. That reminds me, I need to cancel my Cabelas card.

And another thing, I havn't spent one $ with Cabelas this year or walked into their store. I hope you're listening (formerly) Cabelas. Take me off your catalog mailing list. I'm really not interested in all your 'RedHead' brand of clothes.
    What did Cabela's do?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Stopped in Cabela's today, and walked out empty handed. Nothing there that I wanted at the prices they were charging.

As far as Capital One... Ugh. We have one of their cards, and use it quite often to acquire "miles". I am sure that they are big enough now that my measly boycott is not going to bother them, but I cannot in good conscious continue to support this kind of BS behavior. They are turning law-abiding citizens into "non-desirables". Wait until they next start monitoring our purchases, and decide that those of us that buy from gun-centric web sites are also non-desirable. This is just not a good trend my friends.

As mentioned by others, they can decide who they want to do business with, and so can we.

Maybe there is a business opportunity for someone out there to capitalize on the pro 2A market???

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Equal credit opportunity act on the bottom of a letter... but the body of the letter basically says go away, we don't want your business... interesting.

I get it, Capital One can do business with whom they want to... except they really can't because of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act that govt already passed to intervene in private business.

I'm definitely not for more govt interference in business, so don't want that. Not sure what the answer is except to take one's business elsewhere and let them know why.

I don't know anything about this law and ordinarily, philosophically, I get the free market, take your business elsewhere thing. But I also have a part of me that thinks, nail them to the wall and hang it in their ***es if this law applies to this case.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Capital One is advertised by Samuel L. Jackson "What's in Your Wallet". I got one a few years ago but may be time for a change. They have no fee and pay 1.5% on all purchases.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Who needs democratic process when you can just have banks and billionaires do it?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012

Same here on the Cabelas feelings. I am also done with them. Was my favorite store. Its all high priced Bass Pro junk now. I have to call and cancel my account as well. Capitol One is taking the rains on Cabelas cards now. I applied for a different Capitol One card that pays a little better cash back that I can use to buy my gun and fishing stuff elsewhere.

So long Cabelas!

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I decided to spin up a different card when Cabela's switched and it became a mastercard, anyway. Then I got my first/last statement from C1 and I sure as heck didn't get my 1% benefit.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I used to have a Capital One card, as it was one of the first companies to offer fraud protection on purchases. So, as luck would have it, I had a fraudulent purchase and successfully had it removed, and Capital One sent me a fraud reporting packet. After filling it out, the packet advised that I would be getting a new card in two weeks. So, two weeks pass, and what did I receive? Another fraud reporting packet. So, I made a telephone call and chewed the bark off some non-English speaking customer service goober and canceled my account. I then went to the NRA and obtained a VISA card from them.

Top Bottom