• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    View attachment 71836

so I saw this on a facebook 320 owners group page, it looks like https://firecontrolunit.com/ is "hinting" at a new product, they already make p320 unit that converts your p320 to a "p320 pdw", but looks like their new product is a ar15 conversion, looks to take your p320 trigger group, and put it in a ar15, looks interesting, but looks like it'll be expensive (the pdw conversion is 4-6 hundred) I cant imagine what they'd charge for the p320 "ar kit"

but now my big question, the p320 is a pistol, and marked "handgun" on the 4473, can you legally take your "pistol" and convert it to a rifle?

if it kept the trigger pull of a striker fired gun, that might pique my interest, OR if they made in 9mm and take p320 mags, NOW were talking! id snatch one up as soon as I sold my firstborn child! (see my comment above, they're going to be expensive!"), but if it does neither of those, yawn, i'm not even remotely interested

what are your thoughts?

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    but now my big question, the p320 is a pistol, and marked "handgun" on the 4473, can you legally take your "pistol" and convert it to a rifle?

Can I lawfully make a pistol into a rifle without registering that firearm?

Assuming that the firearm was originally a pistol, the resulting firearm, with an attached shoulder stock, is not an NFA firearm if it has a barrel of 16 inches or more in length. Pursuant to ATF Ruling 2011-4, such rifle may later be unassembled and again configured as a pistol. Such configuration would not be considered a “weapon made from a rifle” as defined by 26 U.S.C. § 5845(a)(4).
    [26 U.S.C. § 5845, 27 C.F.R. § 479.11; ATF Ruling 2011-4]

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/can-i-lawfully-make-pistol-rifle-without-registering-firearm

Top Bottom